“Pastors' Conference”

Ranked #17 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Golden Valley, United States
“Pastors' Conference”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Heavenly...deluxe accommodations. Everything was of superior quality. One expects to find a suite, but the extra room to move around without moving the furniture is a plus. Did not expect a TV in both sides of the suite. My wife is hard of hearing...so she plays the TV extra loud and we didn't seem to disturb any neighbors. Also, there were no noises from outside the room (couldn't hear anyone walking in the halls or cars outside, etc.) Hotel is easy to find and parking was simple.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Doug S, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you Mark D for your great comments on our hotel! We loved having your group here, such wonderful people! We would be thrilled to have the Pastor's and back next year! Thanks again and enjoy the Autumn season!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Driggs, Idaho
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed at the Embassy Suites for three nights. All in all, it was a very nice stay.

Service was good, personable on all accounts (check in/bar/restaurant/housekeeping) etc. Food was above average, but the same exact breakfast was served everyday down to the same fruit (watermelon) and type of pre-made eggs (scrambled). It would have been nice if they could vary that. Of course, if you are not in a hurry, the plus side is that you can have your eggs made to order, and it doesn’t have to be an omelet (fried/scrambled w/ham and cheese) etc. Its all good and they are very good about catering to each individual customers requests. Housekeeping was wonderful. My room was cleaned everyday between 9-10 when I was down at breakfast. I left a message once to have a remote battery changed. It was handled same day. Simple stuff is nice. I love the fact each room had a balcony, the pool was wonderful and clean, and the music piped in (depending on who requested what at the front desk) created a little bit of a resort type atmosphere which was very relaxing. The suite was spacious from what I’ve seen from other Hiltons (specifically Homewood Suites), but it is definitely meant for a short term stay by kitchen standards. You have a microwave and a fridge, but no utensils of any type and no cabinets to put away any food you purchased, so these type of items are always sitting out on your small counter.

A couple of cons, but nothing that would deter me from staying here again… I did read previous reviews and noted uncomfortable beds and noisy ac vent, both of which I experienced. The bed I could live with and didn't find fault in, but the noisy ac vent sounds like a toilet running when it was on, so much so that I ended up turning down the ac to a temp that I was not truly happy with so not to deal with the noise. The only other issue was that if your room is close to the elevator (I was two rooms away) you can clearly hear it from your bedroom when it starts running and up and down around breakfast time. It literally sounded like a generator starting each time it moved. It was loud for me. And from an elevator perspective, I actually like using the stairs, and perhaps more people would too – however, their ground floor stairway entrance to the inside of the building was locked. Very odd. Of course in the event of fire, you can exit to the outside door, but not for normal exercise to get to the ground floor because the alarm would go off.

Other than those things that you really can't change, for the price, you can beat it. The golf course grounds have a little biking/walking path, the pool is awesome and the customer service very good.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms overlook golf course and pool (hotel is a u shape)
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Doug S, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear BlueBirdDay, Thanks so much for the great comments, we are pleased that you had a great stay with us! We appreciate you notations as well and will address those as well. Have a wonderful Autumn and we hope to see you back soon!
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I visited pheonix for business trip. Over i liked the hotel a lot esp. with the price point. pros : good breakfast neat and decent sized complementary drinks and limited sancks big parking area golf facing cons: limited restaurant menu

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Sau_1979, It was our pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you back soon! Thank you for the great comments!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The Embassy Suites in Scottsdale is a great place to stay. I loved the complimentary breakfast buffet and the free evening happy hour! The rooms were large and clean. It made for a great business trip.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Doug S, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Guest, Thanks so much for the great review! I hope to see you back real soon now that our weather is cooling off. Enjoy this Autumn season!
Florida
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have very little to complain about. I was originally booked at a different hotel which I took one look at from the outside and came straight over here. (FYI it was Embassy Suites @ the airport). The works were lovely. The room was great, though it had a lot of doors (I counted 6). My only problem was there were dirty food trays left in the hall for 24 hours. I know because they had breakfast food on them and I checked in at 5pm. The next morning when I went to breakfast they were still there. When I told housekeeping they were removed, but, it seems to me the MOD should make a final sweep of the floors before passing over to the next shift.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear TiredMom2D3JS, Yes we do have a lot of doors in our rooms haha! This way privacy is usually never an issue. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have you back real soon. As far as the room trays I will be sure to let my F&B Manager know of this and we appreciate your comments very much! Have a great Autumn season!
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I asked for a quiet king room and Matt gave me a quiet king. My bed is so comfortable! My sheets smell and feel like new! My room is spacious and I love everything about it. There is a paved running trail that is right in front of the hotel that I ran on today.....awesome!
I want to stay here every time I come to Phoenix......Clean, nice and quiet:)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Dawn125_3, Thanks so much for the great comments! I will be sure to let Matt know he picked the right room for you! The paved trail behind the hotel on the golf course is a fantastic route to walk or run on. We hope to see you back real soon! Enjoy the Autumn season!
Rancho Belago, CA, United States
Reviewed 5 October 2013

The facility and staff exceeded every expectation. We booked an extra night just to prolong the experience. The excellent complimentary breakfasts and "Happy Hour" were an unexpected bonus. We will make a point of using Embassy Suites during future travels and this one in particular.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear David S, Thanks for your great comments! We were happy to have you that extra night and glad to hear that it was because you were really enjoying your experience here. Have a wonderful Autumn and we hope to see you back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Deer Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix North - Happy Valley

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale? Share your experiences!