“Excellent didn't want to leave”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale
Ranked #17 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Ahwatukee
“Excellent didn't want to leave”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Really enjoyed my stay wish it could have been more than one night stay. Would love to golf the course and take advantage of the pool next time. Loved the 2 room hotel room and the ability to use a pull out bed for quest or someone who can't sleep with someone. The balcony was a nice addition and the staff was very nice and helpful. Will be sending my daughter and son in law there for a weekend get away for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

IlaPatelSmith, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, 17 November 2014
Ila

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Moorhead MN, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

A great experience overall. Front desk, particularly one gentleman, was exemplary on service. Rooms were very clean, beds very comfortable and the fact that all suites make it a nice option for a long term stay. The complimentary breakfast was excellent on every level: quality of food, selection and kitchen service where they custom made omelets and pancakes. Pool, hot tub and deck were in excellent shape. Overall, this was a great hotel, very reasonably priced (in the off season) and we would go again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Buford, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The suite at Embassy was very comfortable with a separate living area and bedroom. We upgraded our room to have a better view which was well worth it. We had a view of the beautiful golf course and swimming pool. The complementary breakfast was excellent with the evening social offering free light snacks and drinks, was very nice at the end of our day.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Dan S
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel over the 3 day 4th of July weekend and being summer in Phoenix, was a pretty quiet and relaxing stay. Be forewarned - bring your own soda, candy etc as the prices charged there are outrageous ($2.00 for a candy bar!). Also the surcharge to use the inroom wireless internet is pretty high. All in all though I enjoyed my stay. Pool is nice, food was good and everything was very clean. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Judi L
Los Angeles
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here Fri 6/27 through Mon 6/30 while on a business trip. I have MANY good things to say about our stay: First, we asked for and were given a very nice and quiet king bed suite on the top floor in the center of the hotel, directly overlooking the pool, Jacuzzi, golf course and mountains!! Of course it's too hot at this time of year to truly enjoy opening the windows or sitting on the balcony, but the view was gorgeous! The suite was exceptionally spacious with a living room, large work space area, kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom, and was very clean. The bed was incredibly comfortable, too, and the bath products were really nice. I also love it that they have a mini fridge and microwave, as well as in-room coffee - but they also have a FREE full, made to order breakfast every morning including eggs, bacon, sausage, omelettes, pancakes and much more, PLUS a FREE all you can drink cocktail party every night in the bar! It's ridiculous! We also took advantage of their clean little gym and enjoyed the free newspapers in the lobby every day. The staff were all especially pleasant and helpful, PLUS, we got our third night FREE! I don't know how they make any money, seriously! But, we loved it and would definitely stay here again during this inexpensive off-season. The reason I'm not rating this a 5 star stay is because the pool was absolutely filthy after 2 days of gobs of children swimming in it all day and evening (completely green & cloudy with waste and pieces of trash floating on the top of it) and we did not see it get the attention and treatment it so desperately needed from the maintenance staff. By Saturday evening, it was so disgusting it looked like an obvious health hazard and remained that way until we checked out on Monday morning. For that reason, we sadly did not use the pool during the 3 days we stayed - which is basically key at this time of year in AZ with temps well over 100 degrees, and were disappointed. We mentioned it to the front desk staff when we checked out and he promised he would remedy the situation, which I'm sure he did. Still, it was so obvious I wish we didn't have to mention it in the first place. Overall, great property!!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for top floor, center of property (near main elevators), overlooking pool & golf...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We planned our family reunion for this hotel over a year ago. I personally made my reservation in December 2013 for the reunion in June. Unfortunately, my flight into Phoenix had a mechanical delay causing our arrival to be a day late. Being a loyal Hilton Honors member and an owner I knew my reservation would be okay. Just as I expected it was secured by Jacob until my arrival the next morning. Well upon our arrival I was advised my hotel room had been given away and I would not be able to secure a room near my family. The agent was not very accommodating at all and basically told me I had no options and to deal with it. I took the room she offered which was clearly on the opposite side of the hotel and no where near my family. When we got to our room the A/C didn't work...seriously in Arizona!! I was very upset and dissappointed with my Hilton family. Later that day I ran into Melinda, the hotel manager. What a beautiful lady!!! She immediately apologized and moved my room near my family and treated us to dinner. She was heaven sent! Our stay was fabulous thanks to Melinda!! She consistently checked on us and followed up to ensure we were satisfied. I am thankful for Melinda for providing quality customer service!! I am once again happy to be part of the Hilton family.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jakendall
Tucson, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Perfect hotel, perfect food, perfect staff! We could not have asked for anything more. The staff were very polite, the rooms were very clean and a super layout for unrelated friends who were sharing a room. The staff go the extra mile to help you make your conference successful!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

IlaPatelSmith, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, 17 November 2014