Recently stayed for two days at Candlewood Suites for a business trip. The room was about what you expect. The only real complaints were that the AC unit exuded a cigarette smell (easily cured with a Lysol spray) and some of the television channels were pretty fuzzy. My partner said his TV only received a few channels clearly, but he didn't really watch much. The bathroom floor could use a cleaning with bleach.
The hotel as a whole is clean, has an honor-system "Cupboard" with snacks, frozen dinners, and drinks that is combined with a free laundry (accesible with the room card), a pool and hot tub, and an exercise room.
The location is a bit of a problem as it is on the I17 frontage road. This means that north is the only direction you can go when leaving. To go south, you have to go north and back to the southbound side. The "Enter" sign is small and is obscured by landscaping shrubs until you are just at it. However, the hotel has access to the biking trail of a city park, which means that taking a walk for exercise or fresh air is just a matter of walking through the pool area and out a gate.
Aside from traffic noise from the Interstate, it was pretty quiet. There are signs up all over announcing a renovation project scheduled to start in December 2011. The kitchenette was clean and had just about everything you might need in this sort of room.
Comparing Candlewood to the business suites just south of it, Candlewood is the much better choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection. At the Candlewood Suites Phoenix hotel, we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. Big and built for comfort, it's the ultimate suite for the business traveler. Each suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your over-sized executive desk with two separate phone lines - check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and VCR. Borrow your favorites from our free video and CD library. Work off some stress in our fitness center or visit our Candlewood Cupboard. You can purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. We re a pet friendly hotel, too (fees apply). The Candlewood Suites Phoenix hotel is an all suites hotel near Honeywell Automation College and close to Cactus League MLB Spring Training. We are a 2011 Cactus League Spring Training hotel! The Candlewood Suites Phoenix hotel is located near Maryvale Stadium and Peoria Sports Complex. We are a 2011 Phoenix International Raceway hotel! The Candlewood Suites Phoenix hotel is located near Phoenix International Raceway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites Phoenix reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Phoenix Hotel Phoenix
- Candlewood Phoenix
- Phoenix Candlewood Suites
- Candlewood Suites Phoenix Arizona