“Great Location and Amenities” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Phoenix

Candlewood Suites Phoenix
Ranked #71 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Illinois
“Great Location and Amenities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

I didn't give this 5 stars as our room smelled. A stale, maybe dirty carpet smell. We opened the windows and then didn't notice it. Hopefully that was just our room and not all of them. We were in and out so much we didn't try to switch rooms. The hotel is a great location right off I-17. It has a small gym that we used. also has a "cupboard" room with quite a large variety of foods to but (packaged, frozen, sodas, breakfast items, etc). We enjoyed sitting out by the pool and reading. The water was nice and warm. Would go back - but will first check out the room before committing.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank phylgary
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Hello Phylgary,
Our hotel family appreciates you taking the time to leave us a great review. We love to hear that you enjoyed the amenities we offer such as the fitness center as well as the Candlewood Cupboard and felt comfortable at the hotel relaxing. None of us like to hear that your experience was less than perfect. I hope that you let someone on staff know about the issue in your room as we always want to assure our guests enjoy all aspects of the hotel. Team Phoenix hopes to see you back in the near future so we can assure you have a perfect stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

This was an above average hotel. The location is convenient- close to a lot of restaurants, but only one is really within walking distance. The hotel felt safe, they had some good control measures to keep non guests out. The room was very spacious and had a full kitchen and full-sized fridge. The rooms very clean and there's a nice little store that sold food/drinks on the honor system. Just a very nice hotel that was perfect for a couple passing through.

Room Tip: Our room was close to the elevator- very convenient.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 08Bandit
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Hello 08Bandit,
Thank you for taking the time to leave our hotel this terrific positive review! Our entire team greatly values every single guest experience. Glad to see that you were able to enjoy the Candlewood Cupboard, this is one of our most appreciated amenties at the hotel. We hope you will be back again to visit us in the future!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

I cant say enough nice things about this Hotel. From the front desk team members, and management they made me feel like I was family and always went out of there way to do whatever I needed to make my stay more comfortable. They always had a smile, and a I can do attitude when taking care of my needs.

The rooms are newly renovated,clean,and comfortable!! I will be staying here again.

Reason for Visit: Holiday getaway

ProsLocation, Room Cleanliness, Attention to Customer Needs for Longer Stays, Amenities, Recognition for IHG® Rewards Club Members, staff

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
THANK YOU Spring N for this raving review of our hotel and our team! We value you taking the time to leave us such great comments and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Burbank, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

What a great surprise this hotel was. It is simple, yet nicely appointed and far better than some of the more famous chain hotels. Nice room touches included a dishwasher, tea to go along with coffee, a nice fridge (though noisy at night) and something I had not seen before in a hotel chain -popcorn in the room. I liked the positioning of the furniture in the room, including a very nice looking desk. The bathroom was excellent and I was happy with the shower, which is very important to me. The bed was very comfortable, with a mixture of soft and firm pillows.
Hotel personnel were very nice and knowlegeable. The lobby was incredibly small and looked like a doctor's office lobby.
The area was okay, though the hotel is in an unusual location in relation to the freeway right next to it. I do wish there were more restaurants within walking distance. But overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank CharlieC2360
Hello CharlieC2360,
I am very pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the things that make Candlewood Suites special. Everyone on our team values the time guest like you take to review our property. We hope to see you back again soon!
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

This isn't a bad place! Desk staff were very friendly and accomodating. Location felt safe and secure. I requested a room on the second floor and had no problem getting what I asked for. I only stayed here one night. I go to Phoenix alot on business and regret that I haven't stayed here before. I liked the large size of the rooms. Great microwave, fridge, kitchen, etc.
The bed and pillows were great! Very clean room. No noise although most rooms seemed to be sold out.
I did not have time to use the workout room so can't comment.
The internet was fast and worked well.
I LOVE and appreciate the honor system bottle water coupon that you provided to me.
I want to stay to enjoy the free meals that you offer..............next time.........until then, a job well done!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Hello Kim L,
Our team can not thank you enough for taking the time to leave such a raving review for our hotel. It is always great to know that our guests are enjoying all of the things we love about our hotel and our Candlewood Suites brand. We look forward to seeing you back in the future.
Ponoka, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

My husband found this place on the internet, but you get so much more once your here then what you think your getting...they have a honour system room, which have things like you might need without having to run to a grocery store and everyday things...included with you room , Gym,washer/ dryer ,BBQ and Pool area ! Would stay here again!!! Very comfortable and Clean !!
The staff were very helpful , very pleasant and accommodating

Room Tip: We had lower floor extended stay room and was Awesome!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CherylRandy
Hello CherylRandy,
Wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of all the amenities that we value as a hotel brand. Our team looks forward to seeing you back in the future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Last stayed here a few years ago so decided to try it again.
Very good room for the price with kitchen (even though I paid in points).
Some parts of the furniture were considerably worn, but not to the point that it impacted on the overall enjoyment of the room.
My wife still enjoyed the honour system room where items are reasonably priced.
Will definitely return next time I'm in Phoenix.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello Treborwf,
We appreciate you taking the time to write a positive review about our hotel. Our entire team looks forward to seeing you and your wife back in the future.