“Loved Staying Here!”

Ranked #71 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Hurricane, Utah
“Loved Staying Here!”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This was my first stay at a Candlewood Suite and I have to say that I loved it! I was there for an extended period of time for training and loved how the staff was over-the-top hospitable and friendly. The amenities in the 'Cupboard' were so convenient and I loved having free washer and dryer available that I could use anytime. The heated pool and jacuzzi were always nice to come back to and I used the covered gazebo and grill so much it felt like home. The rooms are very well insulated and I was amazed at how much I did not hear my neighbors! Restaurants and grocery stores are within driving distance and I loved having a full-sized refrigerator. I would happily recommend this to any of my friends that stay in Phoenix and plan on staying there again in the future when I visit Phoenix again! Thanks you Candlewood staff!!!

Room Tip: I had a room on the southeast wing overlooking the parking lot and thought it was great. I did not...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Hello Marisa,
You loved staying here and our entire team loved having you here! As you know it was bittersweet for us on departure day. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a great review and mention all the extra things that make our hotel special. Hope to have you back with us sometime in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
California
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Every member of the staff was friendly and helpful. We were very impressed with the cleanliness and updated decorations of the room and public spaces. It looked like a new hotel to us. The bed was comfortable and our room was quiet. Our request for a room away from the highway was met. We were by the elevator but that did not pose a problem. The room was easily cooled with a window air conditioner.
The pool was extremely warm but that was due to the hot weather this time of year.
The location is close to many restaurants but my only complaint is that you have to go all the way up to the next major intersection to make a u turn to get to something on the other side of the freeway. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room away from the highway on a higher floor and ask for a bigger room if yo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Hello Viajara821,
Thank you, thank you for the raving review of our hotel. Our entire team appreciates you taking the time to let us know all the things you valued at the Candlewood Suites. We truly hope to see you back in the future!
Illinois
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Boy do they need some updating all over, too noisy next to freeway, desk chairs bad shape all peeling & cracked, pillows flat too & all washed out, rooms need paint & updating. Room seems cramped for being a "suite" looks better & cleaner on line
Would stay elsewhere & pay little more. Service there is great nice people at the desk.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank gizmo625
Hello Gizmo625,
I apologize that your stay was anything less than perfect. I hope that you did let management or the desk staff know of the issues you experienced so we are able to correct what we can control. On the upside I am happy to know that the guest service was exceptional. We hope that you give our hotel another try next time you are in the Phoenix area.
Rochester
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This was our first stay at a Candlewood Suite. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay. We stayed for 15 days. Bed very comfortable, staff very nice -- all of them! Wednesday evenings are special at this place with the hotel putting on a dinner for the guests -- very nice touch. One thing they should change is the 2 plates, forks, knives, spoons, cups, glasses setup for a Standard Suite, aka, Studio Suite. I asked for additional plates, etc. and did receive them but I think the standard is 4 plates, etc. setup for a suite in most other places. You'd be washing dishes twice or more a day otherwise. The dishwasher in the room was a standard full size which is a waste to run for two plates, cups, etc. Would stay again but would make sure I got a suite where bedroom is separate from living area. Standard Suites are really Studios, thought that was a bit misleading. Some traffic noise from freeway, but didn't hinder sleep.

Room Tip: Stay away from highway. Get a room fourth from highway or at the opposite end.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello LBJ670,
Thank you for taking the time to leave our hotel this great review. Great to hear that you joined us for the Wednesday social, it is a favorite day for our team as well. I understand your concerns regarding the dishes and running the dishwasher. 2 is our standard for the studio suite but I will make note of your comments as our IHG hotels are working diligently on being green. We certainly hope that you will be staying with us again next time you are in Phoenix.
Illinois
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I didn't give this 5 stars as our room smelled. A stale, maybe dirty carpet smell. We opened the windows and then didn't notice it. Hopefully that was just our room and not all of them. We were in and out so much we didn't try to switch rooms. The hotel is a great location right off I-17. It has a small gym that we used. also has a "cupboard" room with quite a large variety of foods to but (packaged, frozen, sodas, breakfast items, etc). We enjoyed sitting out by the pool and reading. The water was nice and warm. Would go back - but will first check out the room before committing.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank phylgary
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Hello Phylgary,
Our hotel family appreciates you taking the time to leave us a great review. We love to hear that you enjoyed the amenities we offer such as the fitness center as well as the Candlewood Cupboard and felt comfortable at the hotel relaxing. None of us like to hear that your experience was less than perfect. I hope that you let someone on staff know about the issue in your room as we always want to assure our guests enjoy all aspects of the hotel. Team Phoenix hopes to see you back in the near future so we can assure you have a perfect stay.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This was an above average hotel. The location is convenient- close to a lot of restaurants, but only one is really within walking distance. The hotel felt safe, they had some good control measures to keep non guests out. The room was very spacious and had a full kitchen and full-sized fridge. The rooms very clean and there's a nice little store that sold food/drinks on the honor system. Just a very nice hotel that was perfect for a couple passing through.

Room Tip: Our room was close to the elevator- very convenient.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 08Bandit
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Hello 08Bandit,
Thank you for taking the time to leave our hotel this terrific positive review! Our entire team greatly values every single guest experience. Glad to see that you were able to enjoy the Candlewood Cupboard, this is one of our most appreciated amenties at the hotel. We hope you will be back again to visit us in the future!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I cant say enough nice things about this Hotel. From the front desk team members, and management they made me feel like I was family and always went out of there way to do whatever I needed to make my stay more comfortable. They always had a smile, and a I can do attitude when taking care of my needs.

The rooms are newly renovated,clean,and comfortable!! I will be staying here again.

Reason for Visit: Holiday getaway

ProsLocation, Room Cleanliness, Attention to Customer Needs for Longer Stays, Amenities, Recognition for IHG® Rewards Club Members, staff

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
THANK YOU Spring N for this raving review of our hotel and our team! We value you taking the time to leave us such great comments and look forward to seeing you again soon.