“Beat My Expectations”

Candlewood Suites Phoenix
Ranked #72 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I wasn't expecting too much since it seems like an ordinary hotel is an ordinary part of town. But I was very surprised. This hotel was much nicer than expected. The location is very convenient to various parts of the large Phoenix area.

It was very clean and safe. All of the workers were friendly. Had a very warm heated pool and a hot tub. The small workout room was enough. The room was fairly large. I especially appreciated that they let us look at two rooms and pick our favorite one.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Hello 260Jeff,
Our team appreciates you taking time to write us this wonderful review. We love to hear that our guests are enjoying all the different amenities that make our hotel special. Our Phoenix Candlewood family hopes to see you back real soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We brought a pet that was within the guild line specifications And we're told me couldn't have her. We are on an extended stay. We were told that we can find a different hotel. The manager was extremely rude about the situation and I would not recommend anyone with a pet to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank Sarah G
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Hello Sarah G,
I am extremely disheartened to receive this review of our hotel. We greatly value the fact that our hotel is pet friendly and we always love to have furry friends stay with us. I am unaware of the situation that occurred and am in hopes that you would please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can discuss the issue you encountered. Our team values all guests and their pets and again I am shocked to hear of this happening. Please contact me via email at aeryn.ohlendorf@ihg.com or by phone at 602-861-4900. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My family loves the comfort of home away from home, and Candlewood Suites does just that.

We had a nice size kitchenette with a full size Fridge, microwave, oven etc. My daughter was not so happy about sleeping on a pull-out sofa bed, but she managed to enjoy her own privacy.

It really felt like home because we were in Phoenix AZ on business and had lots to do for shabbos preparations.

It was a nice first trip to Phoenix! It was a very pleasant stay at Candlewood. We will go there often because we live in LA.

Room Tip: Pick a nice quiet corner room on the top floor away from the traffic. We slept very well. A/C was c...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Chana S
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Hello Chana S.,
THANK YOU for taking the time to leave our team and our hotel this wonderful review. Our goal is to have all our guests feel like this is their home away from home so your comments mean a lot to us. We hope to have you back next time you are in the Phoenix area.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Candlewood Suites are a do-it-yourself type of facility--no daily maid service is the main difference from a hotel. But who needs it when you stay a week, are gone every day playing in the sun, and need a cool, quite place to sleep -- and fix breakfast. I enjoyed this facility more than the one in Tempe mainly because this backs to a park & feels a little resort-y even though it fronts on I-17. Our room, toward the back was quiet, well equipped, and comfortable. Fresh towels were available upon exchange of used ones & I think bed linens could have been changed out too. We didn't use the onsite laundry, but it appeared clean & had multiple washers & dryers. The Loop 101 and I-17 allows easy access to north Scottsdale.

Room Tip: Ask to be in a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Mtinnkeeper,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review. We love to see that you mentioned all the things that make a Candlewood Suites special such as the kitchen, laundry and housekeeping services. Then to top it off you mentioned why our Phoenix location is special due to our location with the park and walking path which we just love. Our team hopes to see you back next time life brings you to our area.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

If you plan to stay in this part of Phoenix (near Peoria/MetroMall) and close to I-17, this is a solid choice for the price point. The bed was comfortable and clean, room was well insulated, and the pool/grill area were nice features. Enjoyed the customer cookouts on Wednesday nights. During my 2 month stay the staff were always hard-working, responsive and courteous.

Room Tip: Some rooms are better sheltered from freeway noise, if you plan to leave your window open.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hello L L,
Our team appreciates you taking the time to leave us a great review! It is always wonderful to hear that our long term guests enjoy the amenities we have to offer and make our hotel their home away from home. We hope to see you next time you are in the Phoenix area.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

This was my first stay at a Candlewood Suite and I have to say that I loved it! I was there for an extended period of time for training and loved how the staff was over-the-top hospitable and friendly. The amenities in the 'Cupboard' were so convenient and I loved having free washer and dryer available that I could use anytime. The heated pool and jacuzzi were always nice to come back to and I used the covered gazebo and grill so much it felt like home. The rooms are very well insulated and I was amazed at how much I did not hear my neighbors! Restaurants and grocery stores are within driving distance and I loved having a full-sized refrigerator. I would happily recommend this to any of my friends that stay in Phoenix and plan on staying there again in the future when I visit Phoenix again! Thanks you Candlewood staff!!!

Room Tip: I had a room on the southeast wing overlooking the parking lot and thought it was great. I did not...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Hello Marisa,
You loved staying here and our entire team loved having you here! As you know it was bittersweet for us on departure day. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a great review and mention all the extra things that make our hotel special. Hope to have you back with us sometime in the future.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Every member of the staff was friendly and helpful. We were very impressed with the cleanliness and updated decorations of the room and public spaces. It looked like a new hotel to us. The bed was comfortable and our room was quiet. Our request for a room away from the highway was met. We were by the elevator but that did not pose a problem. The room was easily cooled with a window air conditioner.
The pool was extremely warm but that was due to the hot weather this time of year.
The location is close to many restaurants but my only complaint is that you have to go all the way up to the next major intersection to make a u turn to get to something on the other side of the freeway. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room away from the highway on a higher floor and ask for a bigger room if yo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Hello Viajara821,
Thank you, thank you for the raving review of our hotel. Our entire team appreciates you taking the time to let us know all the things you valued at the Candlewood Suites. We truly hope to see you back in the future!