Candlewood Suites Phoenix
Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
US$113
  • Restaurant
US$596
US$427
  • Restaurant
All reviewshonor systemfree laundryfull size fridgeblack canyoncoffee machine in the roomclean smellfront deskextended businessextended stay hotelexercise roomfrontage roadstove topover christmassmall kitchenwould stay againdesk areaour entire stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Never really get the opportunity to see how nice Candlewood is supposed to be. There was a deal offered online that was "Pay when you stay" When trying to check in we were told different. Problem is they still charged my card $50. My husband and I are in the process of fighting an illegal eviction, our belongings are in storage units and our kids are with family members. We both work and trying our best to get back into a house, a week of being able to earn the funds to pay for the room would've been a relief. Yes businesses need to make money but they should at least state that "pay when you stay" doesn't actually mean "pay when you check out". Other hotels that offer the same deal actually allow you to pay when you checkout. And yes i did check out other places with the same offer.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank KidRockGirl
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

KidRockGirl,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding the Phoenix Candlewood hotel. I would value your input regarding the "Pay when you stay" deal that you mentioned. If you could please contact me with further information so I can research further I would appreciate it. We never like a guest to leave our hotel unhappy. You can reach me by email at aeryn.ohlendorf@ihg.com or by phone at 602-861-4900. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I wasn't expecting too much since it seems like an ordinary hotel is an ordinary part of town. But I was very surprised. This hotel was much nicer than expected. The location is very convenient to various parts of the large Phoenix area.

It was very clean and safe. All of the workers were friendly. Had a very warm heated pool and a hot tub. The small workout room was enough. The room was fairly large. I especially appreciated that they let us look at two rooms and pick our favorite one.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Hello 260Jeff,
Our team appreciates you taking time to write us this wonderful review. We love to hear that our guests are enjoying all the different amenities that make our hotel special. Our Phoenix Candlewood family hopes to see you back real soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We brought a pet that was within the guild line specifications And we're told me couldn't have her. We are on an extended stay. We were told that we can find a different hotel. The manager was extremely rude about the situation and I would not recommend anyone with a pet to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank Sarah G
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Hello Sarah G,
I am extremely disheartened to receive this review of our hotel. We greatly value the fact that our hotel is pet friendly and we always love to have furry friends stay with us. I am unaware of the situation that occurred and am in hopes that you would please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can discuss the issue you encountered. Our team values all guests and their pets and again I am shocked to hear of this happening. Please contact me via email at aeryn.ohlendorf@ihg.com or by phone at 602-861-4900. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My family loves the comfort of home away from home, and Candlewood Suites does just that.

We had a nice size kitchenette with a full size Fridge, microwave, oven etc. My daughter was not so happy about sleeping on a pull-out sofa bed, but she managed to enjoy her own privacy.

It really felt like home because we were in Phoenix AZ on business and had lots to do for shabbos preparations.

It was a nice first trip to Phoenix! It was a very pleasant stay at Candlewood. We will go there often because we live in LA.

Room Tip: Pick a nice quiet corner room on the top floor away from the traffic. We slept very well. A/C was comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Chana S
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Hello Chana S.,
THANK YOU for taking the time to leave our team and our hotel this wonderful review. Our goal is to have all our guests feel like this is their home away from home so your comments mean a lot to us. We hope to have you back next time you are in the Phoenix area.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Candlewood Suites are a do-it-yourself type of facility--no daily maid service is the main difference from a hotel. But who needs it when you stay a week, are gone every day playing in the sun, and need a cool, quite place to sleep -- and fix breakfast. I enjoyed this facility more than the one in Tempe mainly because this backs to a park & feels a little resort-y even though it fronts on I-17. Our room, toward the back was quiet, well equipped, and comfortable. Fresh towels were available upon exchange of used ones & I think bed linens could have been changed out too. We didn't use the onsite laundry, but it appeared clean & had multiple washers & dryers. The Loop 101 and I-17 allows easy access to north Scottsdale.

Room Tip: Ask to be in a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Mtinnkeeper,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review. We love to see that you mentioned all the things that make a Candlewood Suites special such as the kitchen, laundry and housekeeping services. Then to top it off you mentioned why our Phoenix location is special due to our location with the park and walking path which we just love. Our team hopes to see you back next time life brings you to our area.