“Earl sez its the 'Cat's Meow!'”

Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West
Ranked #66 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
tucson
“Earl sez its the 'Cat's Meow!'”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I'm an over the road trucker,traveling with my great dane,Earl. I drive for Swift and if my truck has to go in the shop this is where we stay. Or if I just want some R&R and to sleep in a real bed,I drop the trailer at our nearby terminal and bobtail over,and I always leave here well rested. Every single member of the staff is very friendly,from Bobby the manager to Kim at the front desk and all of housekeeping. Bobby printed out my boarding pass when I took a flight out of here last month,and Kim has been a big help to me today by giving me some pointers on how to use my brand new smart phone. These people go above and beyond what is required of them and are a credit to their company.

Room Tip: I have stayed in different rooms on different floors and they are all excellent.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank danelady1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Kim and the staff here has made me feel like a very important guest. Because my stay here has been so pleasant, I will not hesitate to stay here again. Thank You.

• Stayed February 2012
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I first came to your inn/ when employed by heartland express/
each time i m there/ eveything is just great/ i live in calif/ but when on vacation passing through phoenix with friends/ i made your inn our resting place/ saving the best for last
/ you have a young lady that work/ and i mean work at your inn name kim/
she and others that work with her/ makes sure that all the customer are well taken care of/ kim just don't stay behind her front counter/ but i notice her often/ checking each floor to make sure things are kept in order/ i know you have thousand of customers who visit your inn yearly/ but kim have never forgotten by name/ and it been two years ago when i first step into your inn/ WOW! YOURS TRUELY CHARLIE charlie.gaines55@yahoo.com

• Stayed January 2012
Fresno, CA
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I booked a few nights at this Red Roof inn knowing that I would be returning the following week and staying in the area again, but wanted to check it out before I committed to the second week at this hotel. I was very pleased. The first trip I was on the third floor in a king room with an office center (that means a desk in the corner). The staff is polite and helpful, and I booked through orbitz. This is a no-frills hotel, but it had some amenities that I didn't find in much more expensive rooms. I had a microwave and a fridge, as well as a little coffemaker. In my book those are pretty valuable. If there was a downside it's the color scheme of the bedspread and curtains, but hey...for 54.00/night I can ignore that. The hotel is fairly quiet, I didn't experience any loud noise or issues with traffic, even though it is right off the freeway. I'm told that this isn't the safest of areas, but what I took that to mean was don't walk around outside alone at night.... so I didn't. Otherwise it didn't look 'ghetto' to me...there was a McDonalds less than a block away, as well as Burger King, Taco Bell, Carls JR, a QT station and several other things that made my stay pretty easy. I had to travel a bit for better food than that, but it was fine. My second stay was in the same type of room but on the ground floor, and again I had no issues. I wish they had better linens and towels, but the price was a huge factor here since I was staying for an extended period of time.... so I can make do with thin towels. I would definitely recommend this as a relatively clean, well managed and comfortable place to stay in phoenix on a budget.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank yayhasplz
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We stayed at Phoenix West while playing in a national softball tournament. The inn is very clean and quiet. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Since we were on the go the entire time we were in Phoenix, it was wonderful that the inn was so quiet so we could a get a good night of rest. It is right off of the interstate which is very convenient to anywhere you are going to go in Phoenix. There are restaurants very close to the inn and also shopping available which helped us because we had forgotten to pack some items. The inn staff was fantastic! They are very friendly and very willing to help you in any way theh can! Bobbi the general manager was very helpful in recommending places where we could eat and spend some down time relaxing. If you are in the Phoenix area I would highly recommend this inn!

Room Tip: Room on the 4th floor are extremely quiet!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank MaddyDaytonOhio
Ukna, Sweden
Reviewed 22 October 2011

The room was nice, and clean, and staff was professional. I have never stayed at a Red Roof Inn hotel before, but would definitely stay again. I had to check out early and the staff was nice enough to refund me for the nights I did not stay. Good location in a nice neighborhood as well.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Was surprised at how nice for the price. Staff was great, room was clean and in good condition with exception of the door not locking without working at it. Will stay here again when in Phoenix. No problem with recommending this motel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple