“Customer service was top notch”

Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West
Ranked #67 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Customer service was top notch”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Had a very positive customer service experience with Kim, the manager on duty. Five stars for service because of Kim's resourcefulness and willingness to help (we needed to use a printer, the hotel has no business center, and Kim allowed us to use her computer). The hotel itself was decent. I've stayed at nicer Red Roof Inns, but this was a perfectly fine hotel for a short overnight stay. Rooms were clean. Wifi worked just fine. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
I am very happy to hear you stay at Red Roof Inns when you travel! Thank you so much for that and for posting a review of our property. Kim is a great employee and I am very glad she was able to help you with your printing needs. Although we do not have a business center it is our pleasure to print boarding passes and tickets for our guest. Hope to see you back in Phoenix soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I needed a place to sleep peacefully for my duration of my trip to Phoenix that was also affordable. The Red Roof provided thst and more. They have a warming staff that made me feel welcome durning my visit. I remember Kim in particular for being so going above and beyond her duties with me in finding local attractions, entertainment, and food in the area. I love the staff and its well within my budget so I will stsy here on my next visit. I would like to give a special thanks to kim for being so kind and patient with me and also making me feel comfortable during my stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I will share your review with the entire staff as they do take make every effort to make each guest feel at home. I was pleased to hear that Kim provided you with great places to go and wonderful dining options, her customer service is OUTSTANDING, as you know. We hope to see you when your travels bring you back to the Phoenix area.
Cheney, Wa
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We only stayed for one night, but we were very comfortable. The location is great if you are making a Spring Training sojourn, with easy on/off I-10 access. The rooms were just fine, and the beds were very nice. The friendliness of the staff was the winner. Everyone, from the very helpful front desk folks, to the smiling housekeepers made us feel very welcomed. It's a nice property, and they keep it very clean. For the bargain that this place is when you book online, you really can't beat it. Oh, I'm sure there would be snooty folks that would expect more, but if you are a regular Jane/Joe this place is right for you...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for the awesome review of our hotel. We are in a great location for almost all the Spring Training fields as well as anything happening at any of the 4 major sporting venues. I am pleased we exceeded your expectations during your stay and look forward to seeing your next year!
So. California
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I was planning a trip with a couple buddies on a three day trip that we do every year for spring training. I wanted to stay in the West Phoenix area. I searched hotels in the area on Tripadvisor and saw this Red Roof listed with a high rating. I had never stayed at a Red Roof so read many reviews in detail. It sounded good so I booked 3 rooms. Upon arrival, we were a bit worried about the area but the building looked good from the outside. The pleasant surprises were on the inside. We were checked in by a lady named Bobbi who could not have been more friendly, patient and accommodating The room was large, clean and had a nice work desk area. The flat panel TV had all HD programming, a detail that many hotels have still failed to provide. The only thing holding them back from a five rating was the SLOOOOOW WiFi. A really terrific value.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
bobbishaw, Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Thank you for your review, I am certainly happy I was able to win you over to Red Roof Inn! We are working on the wifi issue so hopefully next year when you guys come back... you will be able to give us a rating of 5! Again I really appreciate you giving us a try and look forward to seeing you all next year or Spring Training!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 13 March 2014

First observations, one handicap parking space at entrance. Would the hotel staff like to see their ageing parents walk from the far end of the parking lot while the able body park at the entrance.
The hotel offers no frills, but that is stated, the rooms are somewhat dated but clean no problems in that area.
TV remote was not working, call desk and the staff was there within two minutes, great response No soap tray in the shower, had to place soap on tub ledge and it kept slipping off. into the tub
all in all the price was right for this time of year with spring training in full force,
Would I there again, unless the parking issue is corrected probably not. For the able body go for it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wally J
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I do agree there should be more handicapped parking places up front but we do have the proper amount of spaces for the rooms we have. I will however share this with my corporate office, so thank you for bringing it to my attention. I want you to come back and see us so please feel free to email me directly so that I have your email address and I can keep you posted on the parking situation. I am glad you had a good stay and look forward to improving my parking so you will come and see us!
Pelham, New York
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is a very nice Red Roof, the rooms are clean and large with interior corridors. The staff was very friendly and easy to deal with. Somehow our room rate got messed up (so it was 50% more than it should have been), luckily we caught the error when checking out and the woman at the front desk was very helpful about refunding us.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank J W
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and your awesome remarks about the staff. I will make sure they all see this review. I am so happy you caught the billing error before you left the hotel and that we made the corrections. We do encourage everyone to check their bill before leaving the hotel. We hope to see you back soon!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 14 February 2014

It was a long day and I just wanted to check in and go to bed but while I was checking in I was greeted by the most amazing person, she was friendly, gracious, helpful and most kind. One of the easiest persons to talk to I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Normally I don't mention people by name and this may not be shown but I want Red Roof to know what a fantastic employee they have in CINDY. My room was nice and the bed was comfortable and I had a good nights rest and a pleasurable stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TerryGC
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
I agree, Cindy is one in a million! I will post this so not only Cindy but my entire staff sees your comments. I am so happy you had a great nights sleep on our new Serta mattress, we have people telling us daily how well they slept. We look forward to serving you the next time you come to Phoenix.