“Be careful making reservations”

Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West
Ranked #69 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Versailles, Missouri
“Be careful making reservations”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This is a good hotel with friendly staff that is conveniently located to I-10 and several great beaches but..........
Be careful what company you are talking to when you make reservations. Somehow we were directed to a company called "Reservation Counter.com". DO NOT use them, contact the local office directly. This company is located outside the US, is rude and very unhelpful, and blames it all on Red Roof Inns.
ATTENTION RED ROOF INNS: DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS COMPANY BEFORE IT HURTS YOUR BUSINESS!

Room Tip: Call the local phone number ONLY!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tom d

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 April 2014

It was my first stay at Red Rood Inn. The staff was good and the bed comfortable, but the room doesn't look like in the photos. In my room there was no refrigerator neither a coffee machine. There was a security guard in the hotel which (in my case) made me feel unsecured because he walked with us to the room. Maybe the area is shady. The big minus was when I needed to print my boarding passes and they told me to wait until 7 am and my flight was at 5 am. For the price that I payed I think that the hotel/motel could be better! The average rating is because I only stayed for a half night!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am very sorry that we were unable to print your boarding passes, I have spoken with my staff and everyone now knows how to do this. We provide a security guard at night just to ensure guest feel comfortable and safe while staying at the hotel, I am very sorry this made you feel unsafe or unsure of the area. We do have fridges and coffee makers in our Superior King rooms and Deluxe Doubles and all of our rooms are pictured on the website. I do apologize it can be a bit hard to tell what room you are booking by the pictures.
I am glad you slept well on our new Serta mattress we are getting great reviews on them. Thank you again for taking the time to share your review with us.
SANFORD
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have stayed at this location several times over the last ten to fifteen years. It has always been well kept and comfortable. This year, we stayed nine days during spring training when the hotel is extremely busy and staff is tested. Without exception, we found the staff helpful, courteous and friendly. The property itself was in excellent condition and kept clean. When I first began staying at this property, the Manager, Kim, was a desk clerk. She has obviously had a positive effect upon the staff and the hotel since taking over as manager. This was our best stay here ever.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
First, thank you so much for staying with us for 10+ years! It is nice to hear that over all these years you still find our hotel in good condition and clean. I am very pleased that Kim and the rest of my staff made your stay the best yet. You are correct we were very busy the entire month of March and we love it. We love providing our guest with an exceptional stay and knowing that you have been coming back for so many years makes what we do worth it.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The rooms are nice and well kept, but you can't say the same thing about the area really. If you need decent food, just drive to Avondale or Goodyear, unless your bi-lingual or adventurous like myself. The walk to Circle K can be interesting. Otherwise, a great front desk staff, coffee was pretty good and they have an unusual key system that works well. Only issue is the Wi-Fi slows down to a year 2000 level after 5pm when guests start arriving. Otherwise beds are big and cozy, no noise in nearby rooms and good water pressure in shower. Hotel is safe too and speaking of SAFE, heads up on the Red Roof safe charge policy. This is clearly a cash-grab, but very nice front desk woman should help you out if you forget at check out.

Room Tip: Free water with club membership
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you so very much for taking time to write a review of our property. The dining areas you mentioned are actually very good, we do have several restaurants just 3 miles west of us on 75th Ave that are much closer, you can check them out on your next visit! Our wifi is being updated as well and should be completed very soon. I hope you will come back and try it out. Thank you again for the great review
Morro Bay, California
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed here for a week for spring training with my wife and infant.
First and foremost I can't understate how friendly the staff was. This obviously includes the front desk, but we also recieved friendly greetings and service from the maids and even the maintenance crews. We requested a room change to be closer to the pool so we could use our baby monitor (don't judge us :) ) and not only did they move us instantly but upgraded us with no charge. And this was during their busiest time of year.
The hotel iteself is good value. I have no complaints for the price I paid. Everything was in working order and clean.
The location itself isn't big on scenery, fine dining, etc. but if you want that go to Scottsdale and pay twice as much. If you are into the Brewers (which I am not, but their stadium is my favorite and I go there quite a bit) then this hotel location is ideal. Access to the highway and the other West side of the valley stadiums and attractions is very convenient.
The hotel is also family oriented. There were a lot of families there and we never had a problem with noise or anything like that.
To the staff - Thanks for the nice stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
We appreciate you taking time to review our property and our staff. It is our goal to make sure everyone has a great stay and as you noticed I have the right staff in place! Our location cannot be beat, we are right on the I-10 which leads to all the other freeways so travel just about anywhere is quick and easy. We hope you will stop in again when your travels bring you back to Phoenix.
roy wa
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

nice,clean quiet what can ya ask for that's better the price is pretty darn good for where it's at and right near freeway acess. New mattresses
Staff were fantastic loved it we will defiantly stay here again

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
We really appreciate your review and are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We do have and awesome location for just about anywhere you need to go in Phoenix. Very glad to hear you slept well on our new mattress, we get complimented on them often. I will share your review with my staff as they do work hard to provide each guest a great stay.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This hotel is in a perfect location for attending Spring Training games - close to the highways and all venues are within 30 - 40 minutes. The hotel is well kept and the staff are helpful and attentive. The rooms are clean and I was never disturbed with noise from adjoining rooms.

The WiFi went down but the front desk staff provided a sheet with instructions to access an alternate service. This gesture was very much appreciated.

I would recommend this hotel because of its location and great value.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Yes you are so right, our location is great for Spring Training and we love our Baseball Fans! I am pleased you found us and grateful you took time to review our property. I am glad to hear you found your room to be clean and quiet and the staff to be welcoming. We do our best to make this your home away from home while you are here.