“accessible convenience”

Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West
Ranked #63 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My traveling companion and I reserved a place at this hotel by calling ahead as the west side of Phoenix was a good location for breaking our long drive and we got a AAA discount. We were glad we had done that and had been told how to navigate the exit as the signage on I-10 was not very useful. We asked for an accessible room and were pleased that it was located close to the elevator, which was itself close to a handicapped parking place that the helpful clerk who checked us in, Cindy, suggested we move to for convenience. She also recommended a local Chinese restaurant that would deliver to our room as we were tired from a long drive and indicated that we didn't want to go out for dinner. The food arrived promptly and was serviceable if not gourmet. No breakfast, but coffee was available in the lobby. The room was adequate but not overly large. We got what we paid for and what we needed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

I am so pleased that not only the room but the handicap parking worked out well for you. I am sure other travelers needing this type of accommodations will appreciate, as I do you taking the time to write this review. Cindy is awesome I agree, I will pass on your kind words to her. Please stop back in when you visit Phoenix again.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I am business man; I travel to Arizona and other parts of the United States on a weekly basis. I have stayed in many hotel, resorts, suites, and on occasion motels. For the price the room is clean and in general the hotel is decent. You get what you pay for. For the most part my stay at the hotel was pleasant and most of the employees were friendly and helpful. However, on my last day in the hotel at exactly 12:01pm, I had the most unpleasant experience; I have ever had in any hotel. I was startled by a loud bang on the door, while I was packing the last of my clothes. I opened the door and was greeted by older Anglo American women who claimed to be the hotel manager. She screamed and demanded that I exit the room. She screamed check outs at noon sharp, and not a minuet latter. I told her that I was getting the last of my things and there was no need to bang on the door, and least of all scream in such a foul tone. I informed her that she is in the hospitality business, and should at the very least say ‘good morning’. I am a punctual person, and wasn’t trying to cause trouble. I was in the process of collecting the last of my things. Even if I did take a few minutes longer I stayed in the hotel for four days, and all customers should be treated with respect and courtesy. In a pure completion market, such as the hotel industry every customer should be valued and at the very least respected. I don’t understand how this hotel can have such an unprofessional person running their establishment. I will not be staying at this hotel in the future. It’s a shame because for the price the place is decent and the rest of the staff was extremely friendly. I will not be recommending this hotel establishment to any of my co-workers, who also travel to Arizona on a weekly basis.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank dioromano

I appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I was sorry to hear about the misunderstanding that occurred the day of your check out and do apologize for this incident. I am very happy to see that you stayed with us again that same week and then again last week. We do appreciate you giving us another chance to serve you and I hope you will continue to stay with us when your travels bring you to the Phoenix area.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

During baseball spring training, hotel rates are jacked up in Phoenix, so beware. First stay at a Red Roof Inn and this was better than expected. No charge for our pet which was good. No breakfast offered, but I didn't miss stale bagels and packaged muffins. :) Red Roof Inn is the first chain I've ever stayed at that charges up-front for the in-room safe. If you don't use it, they'll remove the nominal charge at check-out if you mention it, but how many customers forget about it? A nice little racket they have going on....Overall, an average stay on I-10 west Phoenix.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with all our travelers. We are Pet Friendly and are happy you were able to bring along yours! There is a safe warranty charge but as you mentioned we are happy to take that charge off at check out. We hope we will see you again very soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I wish the tripadvisor rating system allowed one to mark half circle increments which is why we only marked three circles. We would have marked it three and a half circles. Although many reviewers mark this property as very good, please keep in mind it is a budget accommodation so don't expect a fancy, new room. Our experience was an older, worn property, but generally clean, pleasant, and the staff was friendly and attentive. We did find a small stain on a sheet on one bed upon our arrival and an odd, much larger stain of some liquid on one wall, but when we brought it to the attention of the staff they apologized and it was promptly cleaned up. The part of town in which the property is located was not the greatest, but not bad (we saw much less desirable locations on the drive in). There was an on-duty guard who patrolled the parking area and public areas, but we did not feel nervous about it. It was a nice touch actually. The room had a refrigerator (handy for snacks/drinks) and a coffee maker which we also used. As someone else noted, there is a room safe and you are charged $1.50 per day, so if you truly do not use it you can ask for it to be removed from your final bill, but you have to do this in person at the front desk upon checkout. The beds were comfortable and we generally didn't hear much hallway noise (we were on the 3rd floor). The area around the bathroom sink does not have a lot of space for your toiletries. The bathroom did not have an exhaust fan and the toilet paper was a little on the "rough" side, but he water pressure was good and the water was hot. The property is conveniently located near I-10. It should be mentioned that the property does not provide a breakfast option, but on the other side of I-10 is an IHOP and there are other options in the area. All of that said, we still had a pleasant stay. It met our basic needs for the three nights we stayed. We would stay at this property again if in the area in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I am grateful my staff was able to remedy the situation in your room so that you were comfortable. I am very pleased that overall you had a good stay and will use us again when your travels bring you to our area.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

This is a good hotel with friendly staff that is conveniently located to I-10 and several great beaches but..........
Be careful what company you are talking to when you make reservations. Somehow we were directed to a company called "Reservation Counter.com". DO NOT use them, contact the local office directly. This company is located outside the US, is rude and very unhelpful, and blames it all on Red Roof Inns.
ATTENTION RED ROOF INNS: DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS COMPANY BEFORE IT HURTS YOUR BUSINESS!

Room Tip: Call the local phone number ONLY!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tom d
Reviewed 1 April 2014

It was my first stay at Red Rood Inn. The staff was good and the bed comfortable, but the room doesn't look like in the photos. In my room there was no refrigerator neither a coffee machine. There was a security guard in the hotel which (in my case) made me feel unsecured because he walked with us to the room. Maybe the area is shady. The big minus was when I needed to print my boarding passes and they told me to wait until 7 am and my flight was at 5 am. For the price that I payed I think that the hotel/motel could be better! The average rating is because I only stayed for a half night!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am very sorry that we were unable to print your boarding passes, I have spoken with my staff and everyone now knows how to do this. We provide a security guard at night just to ensure guest feel comfortable and safe while staying at the hotel, I am very sorry this made you feel unsafe or unsure of the area. We do have fridges and coffee makers in our Superior King rooms and Deluxe Doubles and all of our rooms are pictured on the website. I do apologize it can be a bit hard to tell what room you are booking by the pictures.
I am glad you slept well on our new Serta mattress we are getting great reviews on them. Thank you again for taking the time to share your review with us.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have stayed at this location several times over the last ten to fifteen years. It has always been well kept and comfortable. This year, we stayed nine days during spring training when the hotel is extremely busy and staff is tested. Without exception, we found the staff helpful, courteous and friendly. The property itself was in excellent condition and kept clean. When I first began staying at this property, the Manager, Kim, was a desk clerk. She has obviously had a positive effect upon the staff and the hotel since taking over as manager. This was our best stay here ever.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

First, thank you so much for staying with us for 10+ years! It is nice to hear that over all these years you still find our hotel in good condition and clean. I am very pleased that Kim and the rest of my staff made your stay the best yet. You are correct we were very busy the entire month of March and we love it. We love providing our guest with an exceptional stay and knowing that you have been coming back for so many years makes what we do worth it.