“Tired travelers rescue!”

Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West
Ranked #63 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

This was our refuge after a long day on the road from California to Texas we were turned away by another hotel due to state fire codes and the size of our party so when I came here I expected the same treatment but the manager that night and the sweet woman just ending her shift said oh sweetie we can help you I was elated they set my husband and 3 of our children up with one room and myself and our other 3 children up with and adjoining room and even gave us a discount on the second room to help us out we had a peaceful evening after a day of stress we are so greatful and fully recommend this hotel to all

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank LunaHines
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Next time bring the aunts and uncles too! We have no problems accommodating large families, either in adjoining rooms or one of our suites, (which have adjoining rooms to them too!) My staff as a can do attitude and will always make the effort to help travelers with their needs. Now that you know we have a room for everyone we hope to see you back this way soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The room was nice and accurate to the pictures showed, the stay was very comfortable, clean and tidy. The neighborhood might not be the best but we did not have any complain. Also there were different restaurant options nearby, I would definetely stay again!

Room Tip: Good for the price, very clean and tidy.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Suset Magdieli T

Thank you for noticing our pictures! Our location is great, although we are in an older neighborhood we are located between all the major sporting venues and have most of the major chain restaurants nearby. No matter what you are here for, sports, state fair or NASCAR racing you can't beat our location. We hope that you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back this way.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times and every time it was a relaxing stay, Even though my group was probably the loudest in the lobby at times but the staff was always smiling and not rude about me having fun at my hotel stay and for that I will always come back. The rooms are always clean and I am always only charged what I am quoted unlike other hotels that have :"hidden fees" Wich I am grateful for. Although the only thing I see wrong with this hotel is the WIFI. It most definetly does not work and if my phone connects to WIFI while i'm there then I won't get any text messages or E-mails while in my room, I will only get them once I leave the property and my phone no longer gets the Hotels' WIFI signal.
Selina at property #261 has checked me in a couple times at my different stay's and she was always accommodating, helpful, Knowledgeable about the area and always had a smile on her face. :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tiffanie E

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review of our property. You mentioned Selina in your review and we agree she is very helpful and always has a smile on her face. I am sure your group was not the loudest we have ever had and even if it was that's ok we love our groups! We have an upgrade for our wifi being done so hopefully on your next visit the wifi will not be an issue. Thank you again for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts about our hotel with the other travelers out there.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Spent one night for a concert nearby.

Staff was VERY friendly and accommodating.

Ordered extra pillows and had them up to our room with in minutes!

Clean quiet rooms. Everything worked and we really enjoyed our stay.

Special thanks to Silvia at the front desk for making our stay more welcoming. We liked it so much, we booked 2 more rooms for the next concert.

Normally stay at the Marriotts, but with the service and value like this. Red Roof Inn is our new home away from home :)

Stayed: July 2014
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

WOW, I am so happy to hear that we won you over! I believe I have an awesome staff and YOU just verified it. I think you are talking about Selina at my front desk as she told me she booked someone for another concert. It does not matter if the concert is at AkChin, U.S. Airways or Jobing.com our location is nearby all of them. I am so very pleased that you have already made reservations with us for the next two concerts. Hopefully it will be a little cooler for the next show.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Arrived around 9pm, not in the best of neighborhood. Front doors lock after dark. Check-in was fast, staff was nice and professional. Room appeared clean, once you get settled you notice the lack of cleanliness. Questionable white stain on bed skirt, hair on the bed. Sink had soap scum, fortunately the bathtub was clean. Wi-fi was good, when it worked. I will think twice before staying again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I wish I would have had this information back in March when you stayed with us so I could have addressed it with the housekeepers at that time. I know I am speaking for all Red Roof Inn managers when I say, please let us know while you are here any issues that you find with your room as we will make it right during your stay. It has been a almost 5 months since your stay with us, I would like to invite you back the next time your travels bring you to Phoenix, we would love the opportunity to better serve you.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had three nights here in Phoenix at Red Roof Inn Phoenix West. The staff were all very cheerful and helpful, the room was good and very spacious with a huge bed. Aircon, TV, tea and coffee all good. The only slight bad point for me was that I found the pillows to be very uncomfortable, but that is just a personal thing and maybe most other people will get on fine with them - so it's not really a bad point for the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Michaelwx
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

It is always a pleasure to hear we have exceeded your expectations. My staff is awesome! They love what they do and it obviously shines through to our guest. I am glad you found the room and amenities to your liking, the coffee is especially good and we do hear this often from out guest. . I really appreciate you taking the time to review our property and we hope that you will stay with us again when your travels bring you to Phoenix.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here during a family outing to see a concert. The location is great, just off the Interstate and near fast food restaurants. There were 2 adults and two children in a room with 2 beds. The room space was a bit cramped, but for the price and a one night stay, not too bad. When we checked in the staff was most friendly and timely. Next time we stay here I will ask for 2 rooms, one for the parents, another for the children, it will be affordable and not nearly as crowded.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing away from the Interstate/highway. There will be much less noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AZ85603
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

I am so pleased to hear you had a great stay while at our Inn. Our location is great for all sporting events and concerts as we are just minutes away from most venues. We do have 2 suites that have two rooms one with a king bed and then the other side would have a sleeper sofa or you could get one with two full size beds and a sleeper sofa. I also have a few adjoining rooms as well. I want to thank you for taking the time to review our property and we hope to see you back soon.