“2nd time with Vaugh's!”

and up
Grand Canyon National Park via Sedona
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Our exciting scenic Arizona tours, including the Grand Canyon, Sedona, Phoenix, Scottsdale, and the historic Apache Trail offer visitors some of the most scenic and breathtaking views that Arizona has to offer. We have the most comfortable touring vans in the state, high back captains seating! Fully guided tours with tour guide that love what they do! Professional sound system so you can hear the tour guides narration. We will pick at most hotels in Phoenix and Scottsdale!
Illinois City, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“2nd time with Vaugh's!”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I have traveled with Vaughan's twice now and find them very professional and affordable! Laura is the best! She is very patient as you are trying to plan your activities (I feel like we have become friends). I will always tour with this company when I visit Arizona. I look forward to the Monument Valley tour one day.
As far as the tour goes, I was looking forward to touring with Princely again. We loved him! I was skeptical when I found out that another guy was doing our tour to Sedona and The Grand Canyon. However, Howard was so enthusiastic, flexible, well-informed, and knowledgable of the area, and had a great sense of humor that within minutes I was at ease and knew that this tour would be great. We traveled a very scenic route, I learned new information, we visited numerous look-out points with tons of photo opportunities, and were able to stop whenever we needed. It was a great day! I look forward to visiting Arizona again next summer and touring with Vaughns.

Visited June 2013
southwesttours, Front Office Manager at Vaughan's Southwest Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Oh Michelle, where do I start? Wow, we had some good times trying to get your tours(s) reserved for your stay in Phoenix. I know we were not able to confirm the Monument Valley tour but were able to get you on the one day Grand Canyon via Sedona tour with Howard. All of the tour guides are great and full of interesting information and tidbits about each of the areas. I hope that next summer we are able to get you on that Monument Valley tour so we can complete your touring bucket list!! Thank you again as always for being so kind and writing such a nice review about your experiences with our company. Again, if you ever need anything you have my email, hope to talk to you soon!!

Laura T.

Windsor, California, Usa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Princely Is The Prince of Guides”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Having never seen the Grand Canyon, we wanted to take a tour. Our concierge at the Orange Tree Resort, Barbara, recommened Vaughans Southwest Custom Tours. Our guide, Princely, picked us up at our hotel at the designated time. There were 11 of us of different ages, different states and different countries in the van. Princely made sure we were all introduced and made comfortable. We were off to the Navajo reservation for an early lunch and then on to the Grand Canyon and Sedona. The entire trip, Princely kept up an interesting commentary about the history, the Native American culture, the wildlife and the flora and fauna of Arizona. We learned a lot. It seemed there was nothing that Princely didn't know about the area. We all commented on how special he made us feel by going out of his way to show us things we had heard about
and a few of his special spots. Princely even helped each of us get some great photos.
We all agreed it was a great trip and Princely was the perfect guide.

1 Thank DianthaO
Bordentown
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Disappointing tour, more like having a driver with some comments”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I took the tour to the Grand Canyon traveling from Phoenix, AZ. This was a 1 day, 14+ hour tour on a large passenger van. It is 4+ hours driving one way to the Grand Canyon which seemed well worth the time and I could see the scenery on the way up and back. Unfortunately, I really feel this length of tour is far too long for one driver to accomplish. The driver was on duty the whole day and was obviously tired & made some unsafe driving choices on the way back (passing cars on the right at 80+ MPH).

While I believe the tour driver was a very knowledgeable person, he did not pace his comments on the way to the canyon; myself and others nodded off on the trip up. That is sad to say when most of us had little knowledge of Arizona and at least 4 lived outside of the US.

The good points; I was able to see the Grand Canyon at multiple view points and the driver made photo stops along the way up and back. Good views were pointed out and the geography of the area was explained. The van was reasonably comfortable, but tight, being filled with passengers. Water was available, but was not offered (we asked & received). This is a fairly budget-minded option to see the Grand Canyon. Park entrance fees were included in the fee.

3 Thank nancy08505
Columbus, Ohio
“Sedona-Grand Canyon Tour”
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Howard was our tour guide. He made the tour personal by pointing out things of interest to a diversified group. Even though the weather wasn't great, Howard pointed out the many reasons the Canyon is beautiful on such a day. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip!

North Attleboro, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Worth the trip!”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is our first trip to Arizona and the Grand Canyon. As we were staying in Scottsdale (4 hours from the Canyon), we decided to do a tour so someone could show us the best places to see etc. during a one day trip. Rich was our guide and he was always helpful and full of facts.. He is a former school teacher and his extensive knowledge was apparent. We went with our two teenage boys and they enjoyed the tour very much. It turned out to be a very windy day on our tour (Rich said it was the windiest he had ever seen in 9 years) but he did a good job of controlling the van etc. in the wind. I know it was alot of hard work for him. My son ended up leaving his cell phone on his seat and Rich drove back to our hotel and returned the phone. Excellent service!

Visited April 2013
southwesttours, Front Office Manager at Vaughan's Southwest Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Hello Bob, Diane, Eric and Ben~

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your tour and our customer service. Rich commented on how windy it was but how much fun his guests were that day. Rich has a passion not only for what he does but also for the state of Arizona. He loves to share his wealth of knowledge with others and educate them on the history of the state and areas we visit out on tour.

Thank you again and hope to see you back out on tour in the near future.

Laura