“Great location, great value”

TownePlace Suites Phoenix North
Ranked #69 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great location, great value”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Long overdue for this review, but I had a great stay at this hotel on business. Centrally located, you're not far from the airport, but also reasonable distance from other areas such as Scottsdale or Glendale (right off I-17, no less) Hotel is spotless, staff is great (Christian gave me a rundown of different secret menu items to order at In-n-Out Burger), and they have a full breakfast bar set up which I haven't seen in any other TownePlace Suites. I would say if you bringing the family here for a week, or on business, you can't go wrong with this place...they've got all bases covered.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at TownePlace Suites Phoenix North, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Hello TGrec,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are glad that you had an excellent stay and that Christian was successful in making it a memorable one. I too am a fan of In-N-Out Burger and sometimes order the 3x3 with extra pickles. We have had a lot of positive feedback about our full hot breakfast we serve and are glad you enjoyed it as well. We can't wait to see you again the next time you are in Phoenix.

Dominick Cano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Flagstaff
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Despite the lack of a hot tub at the pool (at least not visible from the sidewalk), the three of us (48, 53 & 78) thought this was an incredible find...top of the line bedding, beyond the call of duty service (especially by Audrey wo never lost her genuine smile or patience despite some keycard confusion) & when the AC quit working in the wee hours, they offered us a substantial discount without our even having to ask. Full hot breakfast & cool view of the canal (based on ancient Hohokam irrigation system, i hear) & a.couple brave runners, nice trees all around & super easy access to I17 & several decent family eateries like outback steakhouse & sweet tomatoes restaurant. Very affordable in summer especially. High end upholstery, granite counters, even a dishwasher in the well-appointed kitchenette w/ dishwasher but never did find an ice machine, oddly enough

• Stayed May 2013
Hello Marilya,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We always love to hear about our great staff members that always put our guests first. We have had a lot of positive feedback about our new bedding, full hot breakfast, fully equipped kitchens and are glad you enjoyed it as well. Next time you come down to Phoenix we look forward to having you here.

Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week while attending some training. At first we thought it was too close to the highway but it is set back well enough to not notice. It is right next to a canal w bike and walking path that goes way further than you will want to walk. There are many chain restaurants a five minute walk away like Outback, Fudruckers.... The breakfast is really good w big selection. We were pleasantly surprised!

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor. Elevators are small and slow.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RJB5001
Arizona
Reviewed 18 February 2013

This is a tough one to rate, it's more like 3.5 stars bc of the location. It's not in the best part of town, however, it does have easy access to the 17 freeway, no matter the direction you are headed. The staff are great, very friendly and attentive. It's a great business location as it has large rooms with big desks and kitchens to use. Very convenient. This was my first stay and I have since booked this hotel an additional 2 times.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have had so far are good, although I do always request a top floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mobes313
Brandon, Florida
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Location is great.... right off of the freeway.... although it is a little confusing to find the entrance when you are first arriving. Room was very clean and comfortable. Definitely to Marriott's high standards. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I stayed here 4 nights for business. Great experience with room. Never made it to breakfast. Off IH-17 access road, which is the only way in and out of the property--no "back road" way in. A few restaurants nearby: Outback, Fuddruckers. Metrocenter Mall area is older and not what I had hoped. Also, beware when flying in that the airport is huge; the rental car center is long a shuttle bus ride away--and there are no handy gas stations near the airport, so refuel before you get too close. Gave myself 2.5 hours to handle all before flight out and needed every bit of it.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank amyinsanantonio
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Room was quiet considering I right next to the pool on the 1st floor. The stove was older than most TP I've stayed, The bed although comfy seemed to sag in the middle. For the price it was acceptable. Beware of how to get onto the property is a bit tricky.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
PhoenixTHS_GM, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Phoenix North, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
I want to thank you for choosing our TownePlace Suites while you were in Phoenix. We greatly appreciate our guests for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I do apologize for the bed sagging in the middle. If you could kindly let me know what room you were staying in so I can look into the situation. I hope if your travels do bring you back to Phoenix you choose our TownePlace Suites again.

Thank you!