“Not again”

Ranked #83 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Not again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Very noisy from planes, trains, cars and people. Rather run down. Staff unhelpful. Breakfast inedible. Checked out a day early. Not a good part of town, but convenient to airport. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Although this was a rather decent place for an overnighter, I don't think I would stay here again. It was clean and what more do you need for 9 hours? Well, would have been nice if they could have at least spelled your name right since I reserved it online. Then knowing that there would be 4 of us, they provided only 2 towels, no hair dryer. This is in a commercial part of town and I want to kick myself for forgetting that this is not a good district to stay in.
The orange juice was bad, the pastries were packaged and not good at all. The bagels were decent with butter and cream cheese and jelly. Sorry, but I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: It is decent just didnt like the neighborhood.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Marquette, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Very convenient shuttle service to and from the airport. Friendly staff! Had to turn in my rental car the day before flying. They picked me up at the airport returned me to the motel very quickly.Would recommend this motel because of the transfer convenience.

Room Tip: Request first floor. No elevator.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Carolyn373
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Hotel is closer to a motel, older, a bit worn but the beds were comfortable (not fabulous, but comfortable) the linens and towels were thready but very clean. The staff gets high marks - friendly, fast, helpful. I felt my care was very safe for the week. The shuttle is not dedicated, dropped people at several hotels but it arrived pretty fast and the hotels were all in the airport area.
Seedy part of town (as is the airport itself) but plenty of fast food and cafes in the area for eats.
I would use this location again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

This was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at! I was not expecting much because it was a cheap price, but this was horrible! The lady at the front desk was nice until i asked a second time for her to explain to me how the airport shuttle would work. When we got to our room and tried to turn the light switch on - no light came on. When I found a light and turned it on - I almost wished I hadn't! There were cobwebs on the ceilings; there was a strand of dental floss stuck on the wall above the garbage can near the bathroom [GROSS!!]; in between the night stand and the wall there was a plastic cup, a bobby pin, and a piece of paper; the bottom sheet wasn't even tucked in; the pillows were so small they didn't even go end to end on the bed; the tub was dripping water; the bed was uncomfortable; the towels were very thin - and there were only 2 of them; and the air conditioner condenser almost made the room shake every time it went on and off; and the chair at the desk was broken! On top of that, when we came back to the hotel from returning our rental car I went to use the computer in the lobby to check in online for our flight - and there was no printer! Who has an AIRPORT hotel and doesn't provide a printer for guests to use? :/

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

We took this hotel as we had a 6 am flight out of PHX . Front end staff very friendly , we have a cat only 10 bucks extra, room was clean bed was very hard not that comfortable but was so tired did not matter free airport shuttle close to some restaurants did the job for us.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
British Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Well, let's start off by saying the 'price was cheap" so really, I was not expecting a lot. Got to the airport and looked for the phone at the shuttle hotel desks. This hotel is not there. Lucky I had the phone number so I too, like a previous poster, bothered the airport lady to phone. The parking shuttle showed up right away...so far so good...but thus shuttle is airport parking so we stopped at quite a few places before finally arriving at the hotel . The fellow at the desk, I think his name was Kevin ( so nice) checked us in swiftly. There are no walking distance eateries around really. We saw a lot of rooms ordering takeout. We walked down to the corner store and bought some beverages. I thought the clientele at the hotel were all middle class like us. The area is pretty sketchy but I never felt unsafe. If I was a single woman, I would be fine staying there but would not walk to store.
The room was clean. The bed had a bit of a sag and a bit hard. The bathroom was clean. The furniture was old.
Breakfast was packaged bagels, juice, coffee. Coffee was fine.
Checkout was quick and the fellow called us a cab that came within five minutes and we were on our way.
Would I stay there again? Probably not. We stayed at holiday inns for the rest of the trip and just the feel of the bed/ sheets was so much better..but the Econo Lodge had a great price!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple