“Reasonable budget priced accommodation” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Airport

Econo Lodge Airport
Ranked #80 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Brisbane, Australia
“Reasonable budget priced accommodation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel is not in a particularly nice area and is further from the airport than I had expected. First impressions were not great, but upon reflection, I think it was pretty good value for money. The front desk staff didn't have a great manner but answered all my questions accurately and took the time to explain things thoroughly.

The room was clean, dark and quiet - lots of parking but it fills up very quickly. I did t swim in the pool but it looked reasonable.

I suppose it was a 15-20 minute drive to the airport? Probably wouldn't return but it was adequate.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
familyinn, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Airport, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hello nrdowe,

Please know that we find pleasure in knowing we have successfully provided our guests with comfortable accommodation and value services. Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your recent stay. I apologize however that you were uncomfortable with the manner you were attended by our front desk. I will make sure to bring this matter to management so that this will be addressed accordingly. I hope you will come stay with us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

We made arrangements to stay here for the fact that we drove 200 miles to go to Pizzaria Bianco That was a huge let down the pizza was awful. That said this hotel was clean they had a very nice pool and clean to use it was quiet although it was packed all rooms were taken that said it was the best hotel on the strip to stay at. I would say if your not looking for upper class hotel and you are a average person this is a great place to stay. Close to food store or walgreens just a few blocks away. Not bad for the price we stayed here on Feb 28, 2014 the rate was $50.99 plus tax we had a king bed on the first floor for our dog Duke was with us

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
familyinn, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Airport, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Hello SFARES,

I am glad that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of the room you were assigned during your stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience during your stay. We will do our best to make further improvements to be able to meet expectations of all our guests. We appreciate your input as it help us monitor the quality of services we have provided our guests.
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Arrived into Phoenix quite late, around midnight. Check in was swift so was in bed soon after. Room was basic but clean and honestly did not notice if the bed was hard or not like some other reviewers experienced.

If you need a place to stay for a night before leaving for an early flight or after arriving on a late one I can recommend this place. A good transit hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I'm a young single woman often traveling alone on business. One night I missed a flight and needed somewhere to lay my head for a few hours. The reviews online were relatively positive so I took a gamble and reserved a room with Expedia- who billed my card. Then I arrived at the hotel and the late night clerk was adamant that they had not received payment - she billed my card an additional time. I got the key and stepped outside where I saw an SUV with some shady looking young men who slammed on their brakes when they saw me and were clearly waiting to see what door I walked up to (Strike 1). When I got to the room I noticed the window was open so I tried to close and lock it when I realized the window, which had open access from the parking lot, did not lock (Strike 2). I always inspect my rooms for bed bugs etc. Even if I stay at a 5 star hotel, I have made it a habit to check the mattresses every time and what I found in my room at the Econo Lodge was the scariest thing I've ever seen. I pulled the blanket back and found splashes of blood stained all over the mattress near the headboard. I could even see it on the wall and in crevices of the bed frame. It was clear something really BAD happened in that room (Strike 3!) and there was no way I could sleep there. I was in the room maybe 5 minutes before I went back downstairs and requested a refund. The woman at the front desk had a thick Spanish accent and not a care in the world. She kept telling me there was nothing she could do. She said that she would pass my information along to the manager for a potential refund, needless to say no one contacted me. A week later I checked my credit card statement and I had been double charged; once by Expedia, and again by the Econo Lodge, for a hotel stay that NEVER HAPPENED. To this day, the Econo Lodge staff has been rude and hung up on me whenever I try to contact them about a refund. It is not fair to treat people this way and I am reaching out to every consumer protection agency I can to ensure this doesn't happen to someone else.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank TammiRaeBaker

Travellers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Sterling, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed at Econo Lodge Airport when we arrived in Phoenix stay on one night and we have car rental drive to Sedona stay there for a week then drove back to stay over night at Econo Lodge to catch flight back to Washington D.C.
We happy with services such as free transportation to /from airport to hotel., free breakfast included in room fee, and clean /spacious room , comfortable bed , Check in-out quick no problem. Only one tiny thing that need to improve is pillow (no support at all /flat).
Other than that we will go back to stay again at Econo Lodge Airport.

Mayfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Very basic motel, but then it was only £30 a night. Me and my brother stayed overnight before driving up to Williams, AZ, and again on our way back down to Sky Harbour. The front desk was very helpful, and the room was spacious and reasonably clean. The free breakfast was just packaged goods and coffee, but one again the low price is an indicator of the quality of this place.

Both times we stayed we got a good nights rest, some say the area is sketchy but it seemed fine, although one wouldn't walk outside of the motel area for lack of anything interesting to see locally.

Would stay again as long as the price stays the same.

Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Prices were ok. Service at the front desk was good. Room was dated but seemed clean until we saw brown spots all around the toilet on the wall. Yikes! Bed was rock hard. Breakfast was all packaged foods. I guess it's what you pay for. If we could have booked somewhere else we would have but we needed a hotel quickly and they had rooms.