“Value for Money”

Ranked #40 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Edison, New Jersey
“Value for Money”
Reviewed 10 April 2011

I stayed at this hotel when I went to Phoenix for a Business Trip. Its located close to Downtown Phoenix and is well connected by light rail. The hotel also has a shuttle service that drops you to any location within 5 miles. There are a few good fast food chains and restaurants close to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Sierra Vista, AZ
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Just a one-night stay, but it was perfect on all accounts. Staff was very pleasant and allowed us to check in early. Room was clean, quiet comfy with safe, microwave, fridge. 3rd Floor. Free Internet worked the first time we fired up computer (ethernet) and mobile (wi-fi). Decent complimentary breakfast (hot & cold) and USA Today. Small exercise room and guest laundry facilities. Nice 'pantry market' with shelf-stable meals and cold drinks you can buy. Near University Club where our meeting was held and Museums.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Safety Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 25 February 2011

My wife and I were not at all impressed with this hotel. The rooms are old and run-down and the staff isn't friendly. We were scheduled to stay for four nights and checked out after one. Our rate was $179/night... about $100 more than the hotel is worth. We won't stay there again and suggest you also look for other options.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jdshaw971
, Owner at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Midtown, responded to this review, 21 March 2011
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize that the room you received did not obtain the level of guest satisfaction you deserve. We will look into the matter and make sure our staff upholds our company’s high standards of guest satisfaction. Our hotel under went a renovation in late 2007/early 2008 and have in place a Preventative Maintenance program to ascertain our hotel and its fittings are all kept up. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to further improve upon the present and future stays for all our guests.
Lincoln, NE
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I stayed here for three nights in January of 2011. The rooms were spacious, and fairly quiet. The front desk staff was very helpful and courteous. I was traveling without a car, and the hotel shuttle was very helpful and friendly when picking us up from the airport, taking us around town, and taking us back to the airport. The breakfasts were fairly typical, but nothing fantastic. The Government rate was 126.00/night, which seemed a little pricey based on the room and amenities offered.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 November 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here one night in July. I awoke to find a dozen swollen welts on my face and arms. We stripped the bed and found bed bugs crawling on the headboard and in the pillowcases. It was 2:30 in the morning.
The front desk staff was apathetic and could care less, though they did move us to a new room. Needless to say, we did not get any sleep that night. We had a 6 hour drive ahead of us the next day. The general manager was nowhere to be found when we checked out in the morning. I left my contact information and a report was supposedly written about the incident.
I never received a call from anyone at the hotel, despite my many messages over the next four days. I finally contacted someone in the corporate office. Only then did the Fairfield Inn - Phoenix call me. The manager had the audacity to only offer a 50% refund of my payment because I did actually stay for the full night. A call to corporate again, and she finally gave me a full refund. My bed bug bites took almost a month to fully heal. I spent over 3 hours on the phone to receive a refund on a $120/night hotel. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! DON'T SUBJECT YOURSELF TO SUCH AWFUL TREATMENT AND LACK OF CARE!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AdventuristGirl
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed 29 September 2010

My wife and I stayed at this hotel overnight, and found it a mixed bag. It is laid out with a long hallway with rooms on both sides; the only thing unusual is that the building sits at right angles to Central Avenue so that the rooms on each side overlook parking areas and side streets. Our room was on the South side of the building - not a plus in Phoenix! - and was a "handicap accessible" room, which I hate. To make room for the extra-large bath, the bedroom is shortchanged on space, and all the fixtures are at knee height. Unless you require handicap access, ask for a non-handicap room on the North side of the building!

Central Avenue is quite busy at rush hour, so expect traffic noise starting before 7:00 am. It's not too bad, because the rooms don't face the street, but be forewarned. We chose this hotel because of its location and reasonable price. It's no longer a Marriott property, and the new owners have spiffed it up. Everything in our room was squeaky-clean. There's a small exercise room on the ground floor, and a very basic breakfast buffet is included in the room charge. Not exciting, by any means, but a decent value in a midline cookie-cutter hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Temecula, California
Reviewed 3 August 2010

The hotel seemed to be average for something like a Best Western. The entire area was REALLY boring and in places somewhat seedy (not the faulty of the hotel, of course). If I had to come back to Phoenix, I would probably choose something right in the heart of downtown and closer to ASU. There seemed to be more to do there. The decor of this hotel was typical lower-end Southwest pastel although the lobby/breakfast area were decent. The pool was nasty, period. The bed was not very comfortable and the shades did not appropriately cover the window to block out all of the light. And to boot, if someone closed their door quietly down the hall, they might as well have been slamming it (poor noise control). The free (and close) parking was nice. The staff was relatively friendly, and they had a decent gym. After staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Surprise (AZ) the night before, this hotel was more expensive and definitely a let-down.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple