This was our first stay at a Wingate Inn and it proved to be a pleasantly surprising stay at a well-equiped business hotel. We obtained the best rate by booking directly with the hotel on their website (which was extremely competitive compared to other hotels we had considered).
The location of the hotel was good for our needs. Parking our rental car at the hotel was free and we never had a problem finding a parking spot at the rear of the hotel. It was also an easy location as a pick-up point for one of the tours we had booked.
During our stay, there were a lot of roadworks nearby (and throughout the city area) due to the construction of a new public transportation system, but these didn't really cause us any difficulties.
The room was very large with a decent-sized desk provided in addition to the two queen beds. The room was very clean and positive features included nice amenities, in-room safe and free phone calls.
The hotel provided excellent and free internet access in the room with your own laptop, both wireless and wired (network cable provided).
Also free was a business centre with two or three desktop computers and the free use of a printer - this proved extremely useful for printing off some of our MapQuest directions to get around Phoenix.
The free breakfast was very extensive. In addition to the usual toast, bagels, pastries, make-your-self waffles, juice (including cranberry), tea and coffee, there were also some hot selections which changed daily (e.g. bacon, sausages, etc). Eggs were the usual powdered eggs that seems to be used in a lot of US hotels.
We didn't have too much interaction with the staff but they seemed friendly enough. We did run into the manager (or someone we assumed was a manager) at the lifts one time and he greeted us and enquired to make sure everything was going well with our stay - can't ask for any more than that!
Overall it was an excellent place to base our stay in Phoenix and I would definitely be happy to try other Wingate Inns based our experience at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Midtown hotel located in the heart of Phoenix alongside the Light Rail Line. Our Phoenix Midtown hotel is conveniently located to the Convention Center, Talking Stick Resort Arena, Chase Field Ballpark, ASU Downtown and Grand Canyon University. We are also near Phoenix downtown offices, museums including Heard Museum, a variety of restaurants, and hospitals including St. Joseph's, Phoenix Children's, Dignity Health Care and Banner Health. While traveling to the Midtown Phoenix area, enjoy an abundance of amenities that we offer. Enjoy our complimentary continental breakfast, fitness center, outdoor pool, and complimentary high speed and wireless internet access throughout this hotel in Midtown Phoenix. Not only do we offer the amenities you deserve at our Midtown Phoenix hotel, you'll also receive outstanding service along with modern comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites - Phoenix Hotel Phoenix
- Fairfield Inn And Suites - Phoenix
- Fairfield Inn Phoenix
- Fairfield Inn Hotel Phoenix
- Phoenix Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Midtown Arizona