“Terrific”

Ranked #35 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Tucson, Arizona
“Terrific”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel, great location, terrific friendly and helpful staff plus great location. Giant nicely appointed rooms. Right by light rail and very close to Heard and other museums. Plus free local shuttle service. Terrific and inexpensive spot for visit to downtown Phoenix.

Wife and loved it this weekend. They shuttled us to Arizona center, we wandered, enjoyed dinner and took light rail back. But stopped at Switch across the street for a drink first. Next day for the Heard and Art museum.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Midtown, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
We're excited to hear from you, and appreciate your kind review. It's great to hear that you had a pleasant time at Fairfield Inn & Suites, and we're glad to have been a part of your trip to Phoenix. I'm glad you liked our property and felt well taken care of by our staff. Please make plans to visit us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Acton, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed 3 nights at this hotel In May 2014 for a conference at the Phoenix Convention Center. The hotel was clean. The staff were courteous. The breakfast was standard for this range hotel. My room was clean and bed was comfy. The bathroom was modern and clean. I had a big tv and free wifi. The room was quite big in fact. I used the pool and the hot tub and they were both very nice and well maintained. The hotel was a good value for the price compared to the downtown hotels.

There is an iHop next door and open 24/7. A Burger King also is next to the hotel. Otherwise, not a lot of other stores around. You walk less than 5 minutes to the Encanto stop on the light rail and you are in town in 15 minutes. $4 a day and I was able to travel as much as needed.

Room Tip: My room faced the pool and rear lot and was quiet. I was on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jbcampo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Midtown, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
jbcampo,
Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix. I'm delighted to hear of your comfortable stay and the excellence in service and cleanliness that you experienced at our hotel. We hope you'll return for another visit in the future. Thank you again for your review!

Mount Airy, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed in early May, 2014. I got a king room and was on the 4th floor.

The room was clean, had a big fridge (which is nice), an iron and ironing board. The hotel is right next to an IHop (steak and eggs!), has a Subway and a couple restaurants within walking distance. It's also right on a subway line (that I didn't use). The hotel also has a small complimentary breakfast, which I've learned to appreciate after going to other hotels (cough-Hilton Garden inns) where they charge you $.

The complimentary wireless worked well enough that I could stream shows to my laptop.
I had forgotten my tooth brush and the front desk immediately got me two and some toothpaste.

My only complaint is that the room smelled only slightly as if someone had once smoked in it, but it wasn't bad enough that I needed to complain. Otherwise, I'd certainly stay here again. Very convenient and a 10 minute ride from the airport.

*I never heard anyone complaining at the front desk. Everyone seemed satisfied.

Room Tip: The whole place seemed pretty quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Midtown, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
rj2345,
We appreciate your review and thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix. It is wonderful to hear you had an enjoyable stay and found our amenities and location well suited for your travels. We appreciate your feedback on all areas and hope to have you as our guest again in the future. Thank you again for writing.

San Diego, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel is very convenient to my office. It is everything I would expect a Fairfield to be in terms of service and offerings (continental breakfast, wifi, etc.). It is very easy to walk to restaurants and the hotel is clean. I didn't find it noisy and I haven't tried the pool so I can't comment. My only complaint is that the shuttle absolutely, only leaves on the hour - there is no flexibility even if it is sitting there at 10min after the hour to take you a short distance (< 1 mile). Most people need to arrive somewhere on the hour, so the shuttle is useless to me. I just walk or use the light rail, but will be staying elsewhere when it is too hot to walk during business hours.

Room Tip: I haven't noticed any train noise, overlooking Burger King is not a great view.
1 Thank hula54
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Midtown, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
hula54,
Thank you for writing a review from your stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix. We're glad our hotel's close proximity to your office offers convenience to your business travels, and our service and cleanliness met your satisfaction. Your feedback regarding the shuttle service hours is important to us and assists in our efforts of providing exceptional guest experiences. We value your business and hope to welcome you back in the future. Thanks again.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here for two nights using points. It was clean (though the cleaning solution in the room was pretty strong), mostly quiet. I could hear the neighboring rooms a little bit and some noise from the hallways. No street or outside noise.
Breakfast was rather good and extensive.
It's in a good location on Central, light rail accessible. If you can get a room for under $100 you'll be satisfied. Friendly front desk staff.

1 Thank Noam M
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Midtown, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Noam M,
Thank you for writing a review from your visit to Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix. We’re happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay and found the cleanliness, convenience and service to meet your satisfaction. We hope you’ll return for another visit in the future. Thanks again.

Rochester, New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was in town for training at the nearby MicroTek facility and chose this hotel because it was on MicroTek's preferred hotel listing.

Pros:
1. Hotel had an outdoor swimming pool with great afternoon sun
2. Buffet Breakfast had the typical hotel options with good variety
3. Within walking distance to my training, and was in a good neighborhood to go for a jog

Cons:
1. The MicroTek contract showed that the hotel would provide free transport to the airport, which was later confirmed by the hotel after I asked. However, each employee I spoke with was unaware of this and wanted to charge me $10. (I asked 3 separate employees on 3 separate days) I wonder how many people this hotel scams $10 out of...

2. The room I was in had a very musty smell, which is interesting because I thought Phoenix has really low humidity? I would expect this smell in humid regions..not in Arizona.

3. The room also had a door connecting it to the next room. The people in the next room were not loud, but I could hear every word of their conversation as if they were in the room with me. Very low privacy in these connected type rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-connected room
1 Thank Heather R
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Midtown, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Heather R,

Thank you for writing a review and bringing these concerns to my attention. Please know we take all guest feedback very seriously and sincerely apologize for any confusion regarding the shuttle service charges. We do have several corporate contracts that include complimentary shuttle service and we're very sorry for the miscommunication that occurred. We will be reaching out to Microtek in order to resolve this issue. Our goal is to provide exceptional guest experiences and I apologize we fell short of that goal.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to further discuss the issues you encountered during your stay. We do value your business and thank you again for your feedback.

vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I had a one night stay in this hotel. Great location on the metro line and walking distance to restaurants and shops. Hotel is nice clean and spacious but one big disappointment was the lack of a cork screw bottle opener. We had bought a nice bottle of wine to enjoy in our room but were very surprised and frustrated that the hotel didn't have one to lend us!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Midtown, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
VANGRIZZLY,
Thank you for writing a review from your stay. We appreciate your feedback as we continuously strive to improve our guest experience. I'm sorry we did not have a wine bottle opener available for your to borrow and apologize for the frustrations you experienced as a result. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and I will certainly be purchasing additional wine bottle openers to keep on hand in order to prevent such occurrences. I'm glad our location and clean accommodations met your satisfaction otherwise. We hope you'll return for another visit in the future. Thanks again.