“We'd Stay Here Again!”

Ranked #38 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
illinois
“We'd Stay Here Again!”
Reviewed 1 April 2006

We've just returned from an Arizona vacation with our two pre-teen sons. This was a terrific hotel. The morning breakfast was excellent and we all enjoyed the pool and fitness room. Our room was clean and comfortable and the front desk staff and housekeeping staff were very helpful and friendly. We brought along our laptop so we were able to use the internet in our room. We also had a very reasonable rate.My only concern was that when my son accidentally locked the safe shut, the front desk staff knew exactly what to press to open the safe. There was no need to call a security guard or look anything up. Therefore, I would not use the in room safe. Otherwise, I would definely recommend this hotel.We truly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed March 2006
6 Thank sandi8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
California
Reviewed 1 November 2005

got this place via a package deal by UAL. Thought I got ripped off because Expedia had the same package for $30 less. Oh well. Arrived and given a option of three floors for a queen bed. Mircowave and mini fridge included. AC controls work, though the machine is little loud when running. I would not call this centrally located, but with a car, getting places is not a problem. Traffic can be tough during PM commute. Haven't tired the breakfast yet, but I'm using one of their computers in the business center and it's free. Fitness room looks small, but I have a gym membership to the local fitness place 10 min drive tops. So far, everything is ok. I'd stay here again.

Stayed November 2005
6 Thank plainjohn
Bay area, CA
Reviewed 15 July 2005

I was in Phoenix for a conference and the Wingate was assigned to me because I made plans late and the JW Marriott was fully booked. When I got assigned this place, I thought I was going to be staying at a Motel 6 type of place.

Well, this is no Motel 6. The room was quite nice, wallpaper, furniture, decor was all tasteful and classy. They bake chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon and distribute them in the lobby. The free breakfast was also very good. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

This is not a 5 star hotel, mind you, but for less than $100/night, you can't beat it.

• Stayed April 2005, travelled on business
10 Thank fudy
Reviewed 2 March 2005

This is a nice business hotel. The rooms are large and comfortable, and the free high-speed internet in the rooms is terrific. The morning breakfast buffet is nicer than many I've seen, and the staff is helpful and friendly. I'll stay here again the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed January 2005, travelled on business