“Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Kennewick, WA
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2007

Has amenities/service not usually fund at this price point. Desk staff called to check everything was ok and if w needed anything. Neutrogena products instead of "el cheapos". Desk staff were very helpful both on the phone and in person. Great rooms (large) and good breakfast with hot sausage and "eggs" (egg beaters?) Service was outstanding with polite and friendly staff. Nice 24 hour pool and jacuzzi. About the only knock I have is that eggs/sausage were warmed by sterno which gave them a bit fo a checmical taste. If I were travelling to Phoenix again this would be my first choice. Our room was $93 plus tax. Has airport shuttle although we didn't use it.

• Liked — Very professiona and courteous staff
  • Disliked — Central Avenue was under construction (not hotel's fault)
  • Stayed May 2007
1 Thank bobsterkw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Las Vegas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2007

Our daughter gets medical treatments at St. Joseph's hospital near the hotel. We stay here every time--not only for its convenient downtown location but because cleanliness is so important to our daughter's health. This is absolutely a clean, nice and comfortable place. And I'm pretty picky! It seems new and smells good. The staff are helpful and got us through one time when we locked our keys in our rental car. The free breakfast is bigger than the usual continental breakfast and helps keep expenses down. We will stay here every single time.

Stayed August 2006
2 Thank smithpatty
Lake Havasu City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2007

I book the room two days before driving to Phoenix for jury duty. I asked for the goverment rate and recieved it. The staff asked if I wanted to sign up with their TripRewards program at no extra cost or paperwork on my part. I recieved 1410 points minutes after enrolling. My room was 204, standard handicap. It looks toward a parking garage twice as high as the hotel. There is free access to high speed internet if you take a lap top. The free access means you can physically touch the USB cord but you must pay the service before using it. I don't know the price because I don't own a lap top. There is Nitendo game controller attached to the television that you can purchase 1 hour of gaming for about $7.95. I didn't look at the pay-per-view movie costs but I am sure it is just as expensive. There is a business center with two computers and a copier. Nothing can be downloaded to these computers unless you have a floppy disk. I had astronomy homework that had to be postponed because no programs can be downloaded at the hotel or the Phoenix Public Library down the street. I didn't want to compute the mass of Jupiter using the orbiting data of it's moons anyway. The free breakfast was filling. Eggs, bacon, make-your-own waffles, milk, juices, coffee, danish, ceral, yogurt,biskits, gravy were all present in the lobby at 6:30 am. No fruits. A U.S today newspaper was at my door as well as bill. I walked around the hotel outside every hour during my stay because it is a non-smoking hotel. The front and back of the hotel is very quiet. The side facing Central Ave. is a mess with street construction. I think this was a very expensive hotel for a breakfest, shower, and bed for the night but I would hate to see what I get if I stayed at a cheeper hotel.

• Liked — Free breakfast
  • Disliked — free access does mean free to use the service
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2007

We stayed two nights at the Wingate, and were very pleased. We had a one-bedroom suite, which was large, light, comfortable and pleasant. We were tired from traveling, and happily spent a whole morning in our suite reading and relaxing, and felt very much at home there. The hotel is a very short walk to the Heard Museum, and almost directly across the street from Durant's, an excellent restaurant. It is doiwntown, and on the street where the light rail is being built, so there was some inconvenience, but not enough to cause any real problem, and we would certainly not hesitate to stay there again because of that. We didn't hear any construction noise in our room, or anywhere in the hotel. Our room rate was an excellent value -- possibly because of the construction.

The pool area is quite nice, pleasant and quiet. The pool is heated -- but too much for my taste. There is also a hot tub and a nice looking exercise room.

Hotel staff were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable.

The complimentary breakfast was fine.

• Liked — Spacious, clean, comfortable and well-located
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kurseni
sd
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2007

We needed a hotel in downtown Phoenix, most were very expensive, but Win Gate was very resonable. I came across WinGate Hotel on Trip Advisor and read the reviews (all good) so we booked the hotel.
It was everything they advertised, very clean, extremely nice workers and the "free" breadfast was excellent ...make your own waffels, biscuts and gravy and all the normal breakfast type foods.
Great location.
Love it

Stayed February 2007
1 Thank boxerloverSd
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2007

I used FF points to pay for my two night stay after I a. discovered this property offered this feature b. read the TA hotels reviews. c. discovered that this hotel offered a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport.

In addition, the shuttle ran every hour to places within a five-mile radium so you could go to a mall on the shuttle...at no additional charge.

I had a room for one with large bed (king?) and microwave and frig. Everything was immaculate. Front desk staff was very helpfu! The location of the hotel was good for visiting the Phoenix Museum of Art and the Heard (Native American) Museum. Both were in walking distance.

The pool was great for sunning if not swimming. For some reason, the pool was hot tub temperature. Nice sized pool for a downtown hotel.

Places nearby to eat included everything from Burger King and IHOP to Durant's known for its steaks. Wild Thai was a nearby Thai restaurant I would recommend for its food and value.

• Liked — Free internet service and printing in business center; also pets allowed in certain rooms
  • Disliked — hot tub temperature water in swimming pool
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank Holakjs
arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2006

I had a three day stay in Phoenix for work, and was a little apprehensive about my booking being handled by my employer. What a pleasant surprise when I walked through the front door of this hotel and was greeted by an extremely courteous and knowledgable front desk clerk! My check in was a breeze, and when I arrived in my room, I was again surprised to find how large and clean it was! Quiet, comfortable, all the amenities I would have expected to pay extra for, all were included! This is definitely an excellent business class hotel, and I will certainly recommend it to anyone who is travelling to Phoenix!

• Stayed November 2006, travelled on business