“Another Good Marriott brand”

SpringHill Suites Phoenix North
Ranked #73 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Another Good Marriott brand”
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed two nights at this hotel. I found it easy to find following GPS navigation, and the hotel is visible after you exit 17 North (exit number 207), cross Dunlap and stay right on N Black Canyon. Check-in was quick and easy and I found the rooms to be quiet and comfortable. Each suite has standard furniture that helps one to feel at home. Wifi worked well and the lights were exceptionally bright. The property does have a gym equipped with 3 cardiovascular machines, but I opted to run a route up north to Peoria, east to 19th, south to Dunlap, then back to 27th/N Black Canyon. I never felt unsafe. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance (for those who still do that activity) and an amusement park on the opposite side of 17. The free breakfast is adequate and there is ample free parking. I would highly recommend this hotel as it is a great value.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Cornell S
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix North, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Cornell S,
Thank you for your review. I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the SpringHill Suites Phoenix Metrocenter Mall. We hope to see you again soon!

Warm thanks,
Yi-Hsin C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Secunderabad, India
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I had recently stayed in this place for 3 nights and the first and the foremost thing I found it unique in this place is the courteousness of the staff at the Breakfast section. Usually at all Spring Hill Suites, I always found the breakfast staff to be luke warm, but it was a different experience here. The spread was also OK.

Yes, the access to the property is a little tricky, but I guess there is only so much a property can do about it. The only suggestion as someone mentioned earlier is to have more sign boards.

The rooms were good and the bed was also good and comfortable. Overall, I liked the stay in this place and I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to stay in this area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix North, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Rumasan,
Thank you so much for your review of my hotel. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and staff. I will pass your kind words along to them. I also appreciate you recommending us to future guests. Please come back and see us soon at the SpringHill Suites Phoenix.

Kind thanks,
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The toughest part as stated in previous reviews is finding the entrance. They really need a sign at the driveway. Missed it several times staying for a week. The room is nice and the couch is always a nice touch when watching tv. Another downside is no storage for clothes. Only 2 small drawers and a coat rack. We used the ironing board to put clothes on. Another negative is the ice machine is on the first floor. Very inconvenient. The property is in a nice location with several restaurants nearby and right off the interstate. You're only minutes from downtown Phoenix. The breakfast bar is very nice and the friendly staff keeps it fresh and stocked. I can't say enough about the service and that is the reason for the average rating. We would probably stay there again just please think about a sign at the entrance.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bluezlover
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix North, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Bluezlover,
Thank you for reviewing the SpringHill Suites Phoenix. I'm glad to hear that my staff provided excellent service and you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. I appreciate your feedback regarding our entrance; please accept my apologies for any difficulties that this caused you. We hope to see you on your next trip to Phoenix.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Let me preface by saying to the reader that I am a loyal Marriott hotel guest. I travel 40-50 weeks a year and 95-98% of my business hotel stays are at Marriott properties. But trust me I am not afraid to call them out. Check out my review of the Courtyard in Page, AZ and the TownePlace in Farmington, NM.

We stayed here on the 4th night of our 3-week motorcycle vacation. The stay was not by our choice, but by our failed Congress. We were supposed to be staying the 4th and 5th nights at the south rim of the Grand Canyon, but the shutdown forced us to change plans for those nights.

The only negative about the property. The access from I-17 is terrible. We spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to get there. The GM needs to get with the AZDOT and figure out better signage please.

As with nights 1 & 2 the front desk staff encouraged us to park out motorcycles in the entrance area so someone could keep an eye on them overnight. Kudos to the front desk staff for this proactiveness. There are several restaurants in the area within walking distance.

The rooms were very typical SpringHill rooms. If you didn't know you were in Phoenix you could be almost anywhere a SpringHill exists.

The breakfast was terrific. Most variety of any SpringHill I have ever seen. The hostess did a great job of keeping up with the crowd.

Thank you to the GM for doing such a great job with the property and having a terrific staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix North, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear DrFood,
Thank you for your five star review! It's always a pleasure to hear that our guests had such a wonderful stay. I will be sure to share your great feedback with our staff. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I spent a work week (M-Th nights) here in August and was pleasantly suprised. I'd booked if for proximity to where I'd be working and found it pretty pleasant. For being as close to the freeway as it is it was quiet. My room was nice and as expected. Breakfast was fine but I thought the room it was served in was pretty tight. The one-way approach street messed me up a couple of times and I had to make the giant PHX sized blocks.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Daniel F,
Thank you taking the time to share your review! We enjoy hearing guests' feedback and finding out what aspects they enjoyed and what we can improve on. I'm happy to hear you thought our rooms were quiet. I'm sorry the one way approach gave you some difficulty. The next time you come out we can give you directions to come in from the back side of the hotel as well. We look forward to your return.

Murray, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights while on our family vacation. The decor is fresh & new, the whole hotel smells nice beginning in the citrusy lobby. They serve a good complimentary breakfast (no waffle-maker at this one though). They have a cooler of drinks & shelf of snacks to buy in the lobby which came in handy several times. The room feels open & spacious with a good area to open & leave our suitcases. The rooms have a desk which is great for the laptop. They have small fridges perfect for drinks & restaurant leftovers. It seems nice & clean! And BONUS: Castles & Coasters family fun center is across the street.

• Stayed October 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix North, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Hi LoveMyBoys314,
Thank you for your five star review! It's always a pleasure to hear that our guests had such a wonderful stay. I will be sure to share your great feedback with our staff. Again, thank you for all the accolades and we can't wait for the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Warm thanks,
SpringHill Suites Phoenix North
Albuquerque, Nm
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This is a review of 2 visits to this Springhill. There’s really nothing to complain about at this Springhill but there’s really nothing to rave about either. I got a clean room at a reasonable price. Front desk personnel were polite and friendly but not overly helpful. (On my first trip, after giving me my room key, they were pretty much no help at all.) The hotel was clean inside and out. Housekeeping did all right by me and yes, I do tip the housekeepers. High-speed internet worked fine. The pool is really not much more than an oversized bathtub but it was clean and, truthfully, refreshing on a hot day. (There’s also a good-sized hot tub as well.) I didn’t partake of the free breakfast so I can’t comment on that. The engineers – the guys cleaning carpets and fixing stuff – we’re really friendly and welcoming. Sadly, no one else was. Again, I’ve really nothing to complain about but I’ve got no real motivation to go back to this Springhill. I have “silver” status with Marriott and pretty much only stay at Marriott brands.

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms face north and overlook the parking lot. Odd-numbered rooms face south and overl...