“Great for families or business trips”

SpringHill Suites Phoenix North
Ranked #68 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a total of 2 nights. We came to town from California for my son's basketball tournament. The staff were super friendly and approachable. The room was clean and well maintained and parking was easy. The free breakfast was tasty and had lots of options. The best part is the location, we were close to countless food places, a mall and an amusement park called Castles & Coasters.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Tiffany P,
Thank you for your review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and location. We hope that you will choose the SpringHill Suites Phoenix North again the next time you are in the area.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 April 2014

First off, I would say I recommend this hotel and would stay again. The rate was minimal considering PHX right after spring training. Location is tricky having to navigate the one-way frontage road off of I-17. But once you get the hang of it, it's not an issue....just be careful. Arizona drivers leave little to be desired! Hotel was clean..pool & hot tub was nice. One thing I noticed right away was the drawer space for clothes in the room. I think the hanging "open closet" rod was only about 24 inches long with 10 hanger capacity. But the big issue was having only 1 closed drawer for clothes. Of course, I couldn't fit everything into it....so just had to make do with overhead space in the closet area. WARNING: If you brought a friend or wife, there is no way there would be enough clothes space...PERIOD! (Poor design thinking!)

Breakfast was average at best...was looking for waffles, but no luck. All in all, would stay here again due to the great rate compared to others in the area.

Room Tip: This hotel runs eat and west while the interstate runs north and south,....so noise was not an issue...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Cabinfever5,
Thank you for leaving us your feedback. We appreciate you recommending us to others! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize if there wasn't a sufficient amount of drawers in your room. I hope that won't keep you from coming back to the SpringHill Suites Phoenix North on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

My best friend and i are currently staying here for our spring break trip since we graduate college in 6 weeks. We ended up going for a suite because we thought it would be nice. When we first walked in the lobby smelled of bleach. Today, upon waking up, we got a notice that all our stuff has to be off the floor since they are going to clean the carpets. When i asked when they were coming no one at the front desk new and the lady up there said she didnt even know about it. Then we come back from a day out and housekeeping had come but the couch pillows were on the floor and in the bathroom were products that arent ours and a headband sitting on top of the toilet which again isnt ours. And the carpet cleaning people still havent come.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Raeisme89,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the SpringHill Suites Phoenix North. Please accept my apologies that your stay was less than exceptional. I'm very sorry that you were inconvenienced by the cleaning of our carpets and that my staff was not more helpful in providing you details. I have already addressed your comments with them to ensure that in the future they are better able to assist. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to make this up to you on your next visit to Phoenix.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Hi gang,
I chose to stay at SSPN due to proximity of the Metro Mall and lots of eating places. Check-in was quick and efficient and got a 3rd floor room overlooking the flood canal and the south. Room was quite comfy and clean. Elevator is really S-L-O-W to respond and function. I seriously considered using the stairs. Breakfast was simple, nothing elegant. Just like my review of the other Marriott I stayed at in Tucson, generous use of plastic plates, plastic ware and cups abound. I know it's ecological but it's also cheap. The quirky part of getting to SSPN is to stay on the frontage road from Hwy 17 North and circumvent Hwy 17 when going to the mall, restaurants or wherever. It'll take a coupla go-rounds and then it's easy. Bed was very comfortable, room cleaning well done and overall staff always with pleasant smiles. If you don't mind the plastic attack, the SSPN bodes well.
Murphy's law is alive and well in Phoenix. With only a 10% chance of rain I opted to get my car washed. After a brief nap, I awoke to find wet streets and a spotted car !!! Those raindrops combined with desert dust made for pretty brown spots all over my (once) clean car !!!
Travel well,
Rich

Room Tip: Pick a room high up and away from the hwy for best results.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Nothreeputts,
Thank you for your thorough review of the SpringHill Suites Phoenix North. I appreciate you taking the time to let future guests know the in and outs of our hotel. We hope to see you again the next time you find yourself in the area.

Kind thanks,

Reviewed 30 March 2014

This hotel allowed early check in and had a great breakfast typical of SpringHill. The room was clean and layout was typical of this chain with enough parking. Quiet with regard to highway. However, the sound of water running in either the bathroom or the wall behind the bathroom keep me awake during the night. I reported it to the management in the morning. I expected to get extra points due to lack of sleep, but not provided. Pricy for the chain, but it was winter in AZ.

Room Tip: Away from highway. First floor is noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Spry13,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed an early check in and our complimentary breakfast. Please accept my apologies for any noise that disturbed your stay. I would be happy to discuss any concerns you might have. Please contact me at your convenience. We look forward to your next stay.

Warm regards,
602-943-0010

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed here for four nights during the week on a business trip. The room was large, clean and the beds were comfortable. Had a small fridge in my room which was very nice. The front desk staff were very pleasant and welcoming each day as and I came and went. The breakfast was great as it is much more than a continental breakfast, offering many hot food items. The parking lot was safe and well lit. This hotel sits right off of the highway which was also great. Of course the hotel offers the traditional Chupa lollipops, which I love! I used the work out room each evening. It is small but never crowded. I like that the treadmills have personal TV's and there is also a large television in the workout room. Good place to stay!

Room Tip: I would guess that all of the rooms have the same options.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kim L
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Kim L,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave us your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and were able to take advantage of all of our great amenities. I'm also delighted that my friendly staff took good care of you. Please come back and see us at the SpringHill Suites Phoenix Metrocenter Mall very soon!

Kind thanks,

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We had dirty sheets upon our arrival here and it was difficult getting someone to bring us clean ones. The carpets in the rooms were dirty as well as the pillows on the couch. The same thing with the bath/shower. It was not what I would expect from a Marriott property. I will not be returning.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Boat07,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm very sorry to hear about the negative experience you had. This is not typical for our hotel as we pride ourselves on providing our guests with a clean, comfortable stay. I will address your concerns with my housekeeping staff to ensure this doesn't happen again. Please accept my apologies and I hope that you might offer us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next visit to the area.