“Great location and service”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix
Ranked #9 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tucson, Arizona
“Great location and service”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

We were in town for a concert at US Airways Center and stayed at the Hotel Palomar. Great location and great service. The hotel was busy when we checked in but Kaitlin was friendly and efficient with our speedy check in. She even printed walking directions for the restaurant we were having dinner at. Trendy hotel with beautiful modern decor. We will stay here again if ever in downtown Phoenix.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My wife and I went to this hotel for our anniversary. We were greeted by a great staff who were friendly and courteous. They upgraded our room to a corner suite and were extremely polite and professional. The room was well appointed and had a wonderful view of downtown. Lots of restaurants and activities within walking distance. it was everything we had hoped for and more.

1 Thank cfrieh
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Arrived at 7pm. Room clean. Went to the hotel restaurant for dinner. Sat in the lounge, people around me eating in this area. Multiple parties arrived after me and were waited on. Made every effort to catch someone's eye but was never acknowledged and never received so much as a glass of water. Not sure why - not overwhelmingly busy. As a single female traveler, I was disappointed to have to wander the downtown to try and find dinner after I was unable to receive service. When I described my experience to the front desk, I was cheerfully advised to go to Chipotle. Ultimately got some Doritos from CVS. This experience soured me on the rest of the hotel.

The hotel was clean and modern. A lot of street noise and noise in the hallway.

Room Tip: Don't sleep on street side - stadium is not far, noisy
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank NieSB27
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I have stayed at the Palomar about 4 times during the past year on business. Each time the experience gets better. During a recent stay, I took advantage of the free use of Gold's Gym (right next to the hotel). I returned to the hotel and was looking for the free orange water they typically have on the second (or sometimes first) floor. Marcus from the bell desk asked me if I needed help and when I told him that I couldn't find the water, he immediately took my glass and filled it up with some flavored water from the hotel restaurant (the Blue Hound). I felt like a valued guest! Then, on the last night of my stay after dinner, my husband and I needed to purchase some bottled water. We went to the Blue Hound host desk to ask if we could purchase water from the bar. The gentleman (didn't get his name!) came back with 2 large bottled waters for us and said they were on the house. Another wonderful example of how people here go out of their way to make sure you have a good experience. The rooms are nice, spacious, and quiet. And, there is a wine happy hour in the evening that is free. I don't want to stay anywhere else when I come to Phoenix!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We have stayed at Kimpton in Boston, Seattle, and now Phoenix - each is unique, and they are always excellent to outstanding. This hotel is steps from public transportation (valley metro buses and light rail - full day pass for $4 purchase in machine at central & washington streets). Clean, beautiful and modern. Staff super friendly and professional. Area felt safe. Close to cityscape - and shopping, CVS, Starbucks, fast food and nice restaurants. Casual attire was fine for most everything. Parking is going city rate with valet $27/day. Fast valet service. Rooms with mini bar (they give yo ua $10 coupon if you're an "in touch" member), free internet (in-touch members). Our king room was not a suite, but the room was very big - comfortable bed and lots of pillows. Bathroom has modern shower with half glass partition fixed opening - hard to turn on shower to warm up without getting sprayed with cold water, but we got used to it. No place to really hand anything in the bathroom - couple of hooks. Nice bathrobes during your stay. Not much drawer space - but I didn't care about that. Free coffee in the morning 6-9, but they run out quick, no cream 2nd day - we called and they came right down to fill it though - it's on the 2nd floor. Leftover glasses in 2nd floor sitting area from previous night cocktail hour - but nothing major - still a beautiful sitting area with fireplace. There was some construction going on in higher floors - but they really took care to protect guests from the noise - no noise at night from it. If I could stay Kimpton everywhere we traveled, I would - they are different from the other chains, and I think they really care about their customers, This was a great hotel, we were happy with our stay.

1 Thank cleichhorn
Kuwait
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed at the hotel during a business trip. Although a lot of aspects of this hotel is strong and positive, it all became nil and void when I arrived in my room and it was no different when I left it early today. Food tray on the same place, smell of food hanging in the room, bed was not made and the bathroom was not cleaned. We did ask for an extended stay because we were on a midnight flight to Boston. Surely if we have paid for those extra hours, the hotel could have cleaned up!
Was an isolated incident? No because my colleagues room was also not cleaned the day before!
I arrived in Phoenix and booked in. All ok. I did not find the front desk staff significantly helpful. Some or other Manager had the audacity to write to me to ask to rate my experience. I wrote back and asked for a special room on my return four days later - not a word from the hotel or the manager.
I ordered room service on three occasions and the stuff arrived at my room just outside of the promised time. The breakfast delivered to my room was a disappointment. Adjacent to the hotel is a restaurant Blue Hound. This place must still learn what customer service means - Not recommended at all
I will never ever stay at this hotel again and I will be rather sensitive to stay in any of their other hotels

Room Tip: Should risk to stay at the hotel, I believe they have room with nice soaking tubs. I will NOT try th...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Phoenix
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Fodor's reports this year with their top 100 hotels around the world. Well, the Palomar was listed and since we live a short commute from Phx we went. It is very nice great colors schemes and well appointed in the lobbies and common areas of the hotel. However, we discovered that in the room there was no place to put away our folded clothes. There was a free standing wardrobe for handing clothes but no dresser - even the night stands didn't have any drawers. We only stayed one night so no big deal. At checkout we inquired about the lack of a dresser but the clerk didn't seem to know what was or wasn't in the rooms. Also the remote (a must for a man) was terrible. Great bathroom. We went with a small suite with a large soaking tub and shower combo.

1 Thank ribbaz