“Location times 3”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Location times 3”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were in town for the James Taylor concert and could not have picked a better location! This cool hotel is directly across the street from US Airways Center. The staff was super friendly and sweet. We mentioned at check-in that it was my birthday and surprisingly the nice man at check-in had a bday the following day, so he kindly gave my husband 2 free drink tickets for the Blue Hound! An hour or two later, we had a knock at the door and it was a bottle of sparkling wine and the cutest birthday card complete with James Taylor lyrics and a hand drawn picture! What a neat surprise and so classy! Thank you to Tim (birthday sharer) and Nicole and staff! You made my birthday extra special and the awesome concert helped too!!! Thank you !!

Green Features: We didn't get a chance to use them, but the bicycles available to borrow and the cute dogs we saw checking in were neat!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I love doing staycations in Phoenix during the hot summer months because the rates are so great. So the 1st stop on my summer tour of phoenix hotels and I was not disappointed. The front desk was awesome! Super friendly and attentive. I brought my dog with me and when i arrived in my room there was a doggie bed and bowls waiting for Kermit.
For humans the room is large and bright. You can tell that the decor was thoughtfully placed and kept the modern feeling of the building. The pool is a rooftop pool overlooking downtown which is a great bonus for people watching. There is plenty to do around the hotel with restaurants and shops located right next to the property.
If you join the loyalty program, you get $10 to raid the minibar and free internet service. Parking is pricey at $30/night but they were offering a parking package through AAA when I stayed that offered free parking. I wish there was a Kimpton in every city I travel to because I just can't get enough of their service, style and rooms.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Grnbug2000
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed at Palomar with my sister and friends during Phoenix Comicon and they wont stop thanking me for booking here. In the lobby everyone was greeted by the staff who were incredibly friendly and excited to help us, then we got to our suite and the girls lost it! The room is beautiful, well designed and decorated, and it felt more like an apartment; so spacious!

The place is surrounded by several restaurants and is walking distance to the Convention Center but was out of the way of most of pedestrian traffic so it felt very laid back. If I had my way I'd stay here every time I visit Phoenix, and I HIGHLY recommend it.

Only thing to add is call ahead to figure out parking if you don't go through the hotel's reservations page and get the parking package. They share a garage with the entire City Center so it may cost you if you don't plan ahead.

Room Tip: Call ahead to figure out parking if you don't go through the hotel's reservations page and g...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SNJewell
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hotel Palomar in Phoenix. What a wonderful staff! From the reception desk to the valet and bell station, the entire team was friendly and incredibly helpful! We came to town for baseball and the location was perfect for Chase Field, the US Airways Center, the convention center, restaurants and shopping. Great value and I would recommend it for anyone heading to Phoenix! A beautiful boutique hotel with a friendly team!

Pacific Grove, California
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We took a father/son trip to catch a few Diamondback games, and play some golf. The location cannot be beat. Very close to the airport, and a 4 minute walk to Chase Field. The only time we used our rental car besides our one day of golf, was to enjoy Matt's Big Breakfast (twice!) about a mile away. That place is a must!

The front desk staff at Hotel Palomar is perhaps its greatest asset. To a person, they were very friendly, incredibly helpful and always professional. Huge kudos to Becca, Rob, Tim, and especially Devin for making us feel so welcomed. After overbooking the room type we reserved, we were upgraded to a corner suite. I can't say enough about Hotel Palomar's fantastic customer service...

The only reason I rated this hotel a 4 -- and not a 5 -- was the disc jockey's constant, loud thumping bass music at the pool. This, however, was only a problem on Saturday night --- and we were immediately moved to the quieter side of the hotel.

Room Tip: If you are there over a weekend, get a room away from the pool --- disc jockeys with constant loud m...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My wife and I had tickets to see Billy Joel at US Airways Center on Sunday June 1. We like to stay downtown when we attend events like that and usually stay at the Hyatt. After searching on line this hotel popped up. I had remember seeing this hotel earlier in the year but mistook it for an apartment building. In reality, this hotel occupied the first 10 floors and the apartments occupy the next 10.

We chose a Deluxe King City Scape room and took advantage of the $50 food and beverage credit. The credit can be used at the Pool Bar, room service and/or the Blue Hound Restaurant. The hotel is classified as a "Luxury Boutique Hotel". I can say that is is much more then that.

We arrived in the front and valet parked our car; it's well worth the $30 for 24 hours and you get in and out privileges. There were at least three bell hops offering us assistance. Our wait to check in was less then 5 minutes as the front desk was fully manned. We learned that the majority of guests were in town for the same concert we were attending. We had arrived just after 3pm and were told our room was not ready yet. The lobby has some sofas to sit on , but the girl who helped us told us to go up to the 3rd floor, where the pool is and they will call my cell when the room is ready. We chose that option.

The pool is amazing and sits on the 3rd floor with a view of downtown Phoenix. Every weekend in he summer during their "100 days of summer" there is a pool party which is opened to the public. They play great music, have a full bar and food. There were loungers everywhere and day beds and even private cabanas. The place was hopping but we found two seats at the bar. The bartender took our order and asked if we wanted to bill it to the room to take advantage of the credit. When we told her our situation she personally called downstairs and asked about our room. when we were told not just yet, we had another round. A few minutes later the manager on duty personally came up and gave us our room and said "it's a great room, you'll love it". It was beautiful room on the 5th floor.

The room was huge. King bed, large sofa, enough room for another king bed. The bathroom had an old fashioned deep soaking tub that was in with the shower. This hotel didn't leave anything out. They had bath salts, bath robes, even a black cloth to remove your make up. If you forgot anything they would provide free of charge. My wife needs daily medication and we had asked for a mini refrigerator. The front desk told us we should use the mini bar fridge because, unlike many hotels, there is not charge for opening it and removing items; this saves us $25.

Between 5-7pm there is a "wine Hour" on floor 2 where the Blue Hound restaurant is. They have a full living room type setting with tons of comfortable couches or bistros to sit at. We got some wine then asked about the wait for dinner. The hostess told us at least an hour, but as we turned to go, another hostess stopped us and said they just had a cancelation and could sit right now. The food was very unique and delicious, reasonably priced and huge portions. Thanks to the mini bar usage, we took left overs back to the room.

The concert was great , but that's another review.

The room was centrally situated near the elevators but we didn't hear them at all; very sound proof.
We ordered room service the next morning. The menu is not your usual "eggs any style" although that is available. There were sourdough Panini's, omelets , poached eggs, exotic fruits, all delicious and again huge portions. The only negative I'd ever give was the time room service took; just over an hour. Otherwise it was perfect.

Check out was just as easy and our car was pulled around for us while we were checking out.

We will definitely stay again and at other Kimpton Hotels since we joined their loyalty program.

We are with in waling distance to the US Airways arena, Chase Field , and the light rail is right out front.

Enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: All re good, but splurge fro the City Scape Deluxe; well worth the little extra money
Green Features: Excellent. Rooms are all environmentally friendly.
1 Thank Koyote1
NJ
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Great location near the airport and sports venues. Very professional and accommodating staff. Free access at nearby Gold's Gym. Rooms are modern, spacious with good beds, tv channels and bathrobes. Everything here is a top notch. Nothing more to say.

1 Thank bob1015