“Excellent Service - Makes all the Difference”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix
Ranked #4 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I chose the Palomar for its location to downtown venues. Upon arrival, I was greeted with comfortable sense of familiarity and assistance as if I was living there, not just staying for one night. The room was clean, well stocked and comfortable. Staff in all areas were genuine, knowledgeable and guided me through my stay, so I easily enjoyed all of their amenities. This is a pet friendly hotel and you will see lots of dogs, but not a hair in sight. The food at the Blue Hound and Lustre Rooftop (pool side) restaurants was excellent. Their Wine Hour was great mixer for social relaxation before we headed out to the venue for a concert. A monsoon storm hit that night and valet arranged safe transport for us to and from the concert. Upon returning, the storm winds had broken windows in the next building, showering the area with glass. Palomar staff were on the streets with the police ensuring guest safety and clear passage into the hotel. The night was quiet, surprising given the downtown location. Morning room service was quick and equal to the restaurants. At checkout our bill was clearly explained and perks of the Kimpton Karma Rewards Program (worth signing up for) credited correctly. I highly recommend this boutique hotel, but it was the service and enjoyable staff that made the real difference. Thank you to all and I will see you soon.

Room Tip: Explain your preferences at reservation and the staff will not let you down.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I had to come to Phoenix in July for work. I would not otherwise find myself in Phoenix in July, so I was looking for somewhere I could stay indoors as much as possible. I chose the Palomar, and stayed in a suite with a very nice and comfortable living area, separate bedroom, and huge gorgeous bathroom.

If I have to be away from my kids for work, I need a good bathtub people. That's just the way I roll. This one was very nice, and came ready with some bath salts for soaking.

One complaint on service: room service staff seemed kind of overwhelmed. (Maybe because everyone else wanted to seal themselves indoors too?) I only noticed after they left that I had no silverware (yikes) so I called down for that. Room service didn't answer, but the front desk told me they'd get right on it. That didn't happen. So I called and called again. 45 minutes later I had a fork. Yeah, I know, the beauty of room service is that you're all alone and can scarf your pasta with your fingers if you want but that is not really my thing. : )

All in all, the room was so beautiful, I'm still sticking to four stars.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We chose the Palomar for an anniversary staycaction trip in Phoenix. The plan was to attend two baseball games and stay the night in between. We chose the Palomar because we've had a nice time at previous Kimpton properties, and the downtown location was perfect for attending the games. We arrived at the hotel, had an easy drop off at the valet and checked in. Jennifer checked us in and told us we had been upgraded. Pleasantly surprised, we had no idea what was to come. The suite we received was on the 10th floor with beautiful views of downtown and the entire valley. A gorgeous matster bedroom and bath, with a full living room and dining room too. Everything was impeccable. We had to pinch ourselves to be so lucky to get such an upgrade. The staff was so friendly during our visit; room service was great and all the front desk staff were lovely. We know an upgrade like this was once in a lifetime, but regardless we will definitely stay again and highly recommend this hotel. Thank you, Palomar Phoenix!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda v
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Hotel Palomar is a perfect Downtown Phoenix Hotel! It's a modern high rise hotel snug in the heart of DT PHX, that's pet friendly, activity driven and accommodating of a guest needs. The hotel is located in the City Scape development which has a Gold's Gym, shopping, delicious restaurants, CVS and a Lucky's Strike's too! If you are planning to spend a weekend downtown, this is the place you would want to be.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are pretty great, but try to get a high room floor, for a better view of Phoenix.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vikki G
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We choose this hotel for our anniversary weekend and could have not done better. Teri o, Sergio and Anthony went out of there way to make our weekend fantastic. At check in we were informed of all the goings on( Teri O.) at Lustre Griil for the 4th and all amenities of the hotel. Our room was a corner suite very clean, great ambiance, and the bath.....roomy lots of towels and a soaking tube for two to die for. Drinks and lunch at Lustre was very enjoyable. Brook out server took very good care of us and it was fun watching all at the pool party. We did have a slight problem with our room the next morning but Sergio and Anthony moved us to another room that just made our weekend that much more special.Room service was excellent and you will not be hungry with the serving. We can't wait for our next stay........

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are away from pool area
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Shortly before a long-planned trip to Phoenix for the WNBA AllStar game, I ah d ankle surgery and was confined to a wheel chair. We had to cancel our reservation for another area hotel who could not accommodate my mobility issues. We found Palomar listed as the hotel closest to U.S.Airway Arena. Both their website and other reviews confirmed full accessibility. Not only that, their reservations site allows you to choose the level of accessibility.
Better still, they are pet friendly so we were able to bring our dog. The hotel is lovely, has great amenities and is in an excellent location. Every staff member was genuinely helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Worth joining their loyalty club. Got free wi-fi and $10 credit for the bar or mini-bar immediately...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Great staff and great location. Picked hotel based on location to walk to Comerica theatre. Bonus easy walk to baseball stadium. Booked grand skyline 2 queens. Room was large but nothing "grand" about view looking at building tops and inflatable surfing across the street. Bathroom was average. Bonus was room 609 was quiet. Enjoyed the pool and food from blue hound. Found pheonix to be quite quiet downtown and no where to shop but I'm sure most don't come here for that. Would stay again.

Stayed: July 2014