“Only Hotel to Stay in Phoenix”

Ranked #17 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Out of all our travels, the Clarendon is our favorite, because it offers everything other hotel chains do not. They go above and beyond on customer service, atmosphere, and furnishings. Kuerig coffee makers in every room, the art, the carpet squares (for replacement ease), the ultimate of comfortable beds, the soap products conveniently placed in dispensers attached to the shower wall (no mini bottles), and the colorful furnishings that make you happy you stayed there.
The pool and hot tub area takes you away and makes you know that you have landed in Paradise. The Clarendon also has music piped under water for that extra piece of luxury jaut for their customers. The day we were there, the music was the Jaws theme. My son loved it!
But not only do you enjoy all the hotel has to offer with their extras and their rooftop area is the people that you meet that are also staying at the Clarendon. By the pool, we met a performer that was putting on a science show at The Orpheum Theater and invited me and my son as his guest.
Every visit to the Clarendon is an adventure to remember.

1  Thank Mmharringtn
Write a ReviewReviews (1,345)

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Unexpected trip to Phoenix resulting in my business associate arranging my 2 night stay at this hotel in downtown business district. Excellent greetings and accommodations. Fantastic food and service, both in the restaurant and the bar. The waterfalls around the pool relaxed and encouraged pleasant thoughts. The room had every item easy at hand with a complete goodie basket. Thank you!

Room Tip: The first floor was perfect. Secure parking and lighting.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BlueGoldTours
Tara S, Manager at The Clarendon Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for your review! Our guests love the convenience of unlimited, included snacks almost as much they love our award winning restaurant and Oasis pool area!

We look forward to your next stay with us! Always book with us direct for the best rates and perks!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I must say how impressed I am with The Clarendon Hotel. This past visit was my 4th visit to The Clarendon Hotel and it continues to get better everytime I visit (didn't even think that was possible). On my last visit, the manager/owner checked me, very nice man named Ben. He said because I was a returning guest he would like to upgrade me and did so to a suite. I love the modern feel of the hotel, the attention to detail, the friendly staff and the pool area is phenomenal (In Phoenix in the summer a great pool goes a long way in my book). The hotel is perfectly located to the hustle and bustle of downtown Phoenix, usually visiting Phoenix for work this works wonderfully for me. It is wonderful to stay at a hotel that has a much more comfortable, dare I say HIP vibe versus staying in a cookie cutter hotel room. My next trip to Phoenix is in a few days, and I must say that The Clarendon will continue to have my repeat business for every trip to Phoenix. The hotel staff enjoys the industry they work in and it shows with the care they have for the guests and the property itself.

Room Tip: The suites are large, and have a separate seating area. At least mine did.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Ben B, Owner at The Clarendon Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Paul! Thank you.... it's always nice to receive compliments from repeat guests! Day after day, people stop me to tell me how much they love The Clarendon and their experience here... sure, we have reviews on here where guests just don't get what we're about and nitpick everything... but for those guests who understand that we're more than just a building, we're a hotel filled with people who really, truly want you to be happy and have an awesome experience when in Phoenix.... from our pool area, giant water wall, rooftop skydeck overlooking the city skyline and surrounding mountain ranges, amazing beds and linens, uber-popular restaurant, live flamenco performances, live jazz on the rooftop, free yoga on most sundays, etc., etc., etc. I think that there's a lot to love about The Clarendon....

Thanks again!
Ben Bethel
The Clarendon Hotel

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stay here over every anniversary and love it! Gallo Blanco is delicious, the staff is amazingly friendly, the pool is super fun, and the rooms are nice with super comfy beds! We love hanging out on the rooftop, and enjoyed a yoga class in the morning. The location is great, right next to downtown Phoenix.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Spetett

Thank you for the wonderful review... I really appreciate it when people get what we're trying to accomplish: a comfortable experience with quality products, great beds/linens, amazing service, great food, a rooftop and pool area that are really nice, and activities many days of the week... stay tuned for even more changes coming to The Clarendon - you'll be impressed with what we're doing!

Thanks,
Ben Bethel

Reviewed 3 March 2014

The Clarendon hotel is a one of a kind experience. With all of the recent renovations the place looks amazing. Pool is great to lounge all day then head to the roof and enjoy the evening with a great view and drinks. I live in the valley but it is a great place for a staycation. Near the light rail so you easily hit up all the places to go in downtown. I tell all my family and friends to stay here. And Gallo Blanco has a fantastic menu. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Thanks Denny, at the front desk.

1  Thank Adocez

Thanks for the great review and for the shout out of Denny - I'm sure that he'll see this and be happy to be recognized for his work. We really appreciate the support from the local community, and it's always neat to know that we're the favorite hotel of locals... please continue to check us out and watch all of the improvements we're making this year... they're going to be quite stunning...

Thanks/Ben

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Here's the problem - you leave your room at 8am and return 5pm and it still hasn't been cleaned/bed not made. There isn't a lobby nice enough to hang. Had same problem at check in - waited 45 min. The 'boutique' aspect is its vintage retro feel but you need a lot of patience

2  Thank Ob58ny
Ben B, Manager at The Clarendon Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for your review, though we always want guests to notify us to any issues while they are still on property - most of the time these issues are easily remedied and the resolution will exceed your expectations. Our front desk staff represents the best in the industry and they absolutely love to make our guests happy!

We're going to be adding additional furniture to the lobby (which features local artwork and a free photo kiosk). There are other wonderful spots to hang out instead of our lobby : watch an Arizona sunset on the rooftop SkyDeck, enjoy a drink or a meal at Gallo Blanco Cafe y Bar or relax poolside at our Oasis Pool and Cabanas. Wi - fi access is available throughout the entire hotel, so no need to feel tethered to your room or lobby!

Our apologies for the mixup in having your room freshened by housekeeping - whenever you stay at any property, just double check when you head out for the day you have removed your Do Not Disturb sign. Was the issue corrected as soon it was brought to our attention? We want you to be happy, always let us know what we can do to improve your stay!

We hope the next time you visit Phoenix, you'll give us another chance to "wow" you!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

The Clarendon Hotel in Phoenix, AZ is a very nice place to stay. I spent two days in 2013 and enjoyed it immensely.
I liked the tidiness, safety and the pleasant décor. The staff was exceptional, all my requests were attended in a timely and friendly manner. They even went so far as to assist me in booking a shuttle seat to Tucson. I would stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo