“Suk and Brahms”
Review of Phoenix Symphony

Phoenix Symphony
Ranked #17 of 238 things to do in Phoenix
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Great concert March 15 with Suk (Dvorjak's son-in-law) symphonic telling of a Bohemian fable and Brahms' Piano Concerto #2 (soloist was Fabiola Bedeni). Awesome orchestral sound, especially the bass section. Any performance attended has been well worth the time invested. A must do in Phoenix? Absolutely!

All reviews
"comfortable seats"
"parking garage"
"front row"

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We have come a long way, baby! The facility is fine, and the musicians are superb. I cannot say the same about many of the patrons; I cringe when I see people wearing jeans or shorts to the symphony. No, I am not an elitist, but I am from California, and we dressed up for the symphony. Hey, Phoenix, how about a dress code?

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We went to see the Phoenix Symphony doing mostly show tunes and big band music with solo accompaniment by Megan Helty. She was fantastic and the music selection was wonderful. Totally entertaining and fun.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We were there for a Broadway Review, featuring three experienced and talented Broadway performers, along with the Phoenix Symphony Orchestra. We plan to come again when visiting the area, and would be regulars if we lived near Phoenix.

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We attended this sell-out event on New Year's Eve, 2013, with a Road Scholar group. The seats were comfortable, the acoustics were good in the lower level back of the venue, the lighting added to the performance, and the temperature was comfortable.

The guest conductor talked and joked w/the audience, which was not at all what I expected at the symphony, but it fit easily with the mostly "pops" music of the evening. The orchestra played very well and the soloist (operatic soprano) was entertaining.

The attire for the 7:00 p.m. performance was not black tie and evening gowns as I had expected, although I did see a number of suits and cocktail dresses. You would be very comfortable in business attire to dressy casual.

As in any sold out event, the lines for the ladies room at intermission were impossibly long.