“Papago Golf Course”
Review of Papago Golf Course

Papago Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Affordable municipal golf course provides tree-lined, rolling fairways - atypical for the majority of desert courses in the area.
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Overall the course was nice; I highly recommend you use a cart when playing here makes it easy to get around. Course is a nice layout; there aren’t cart paths to follow except at the start of each hole. They also let you get pretty close to the hole with you carts which made the round much faster. Not much of a Pro shop or Snack bar all in trailers, but they got what you need. Very fast greens, great fairways, and bunkers that were a challenging.

1  Thank TexasJohn22

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I don't usually do 18 holes but when one is on holiday I give it a try! using a cart helps of course!
we've golfed here before when we're on holidays. it helped this year that there was a dust storm thus the weather temperature dropped a bit, otherwise I find it a bit warm! I kept up with the 2 men that were paired with us. I'd recommend this course to any women who is an average golfer. I had fun and am looking forward to returning next year!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Great track for the price. Unbelievable greens and an interesting layout golf-wise. (There are lots of more expensive courses with more scenic appeal in the area). But this sure beats other traditional Scottsdale tracks like Orange Tree and McCormick Ranch. Greens are unbelievable. Fast and true. Attracts lots of local mini tour pros (I played with three). Can be slow. It's a muni, after all!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I visited here on a weekend golf getaway with a friend. We should have realized something was up when we were greeted at the entrance by attendants to take our clubs. We came at a very busy time and no tee times were available but noting our circumstance, they worked really hard to fit us in with another twosome. Having left Ohio to escape the unusually harsh winter, our game was way out of tune and Papago is not the place to tune things up. We were slightly aghast at the price for this municipal course but after they had worked so hard to fit us in at the inconvenience of the other twosome, it would have been awkward to back out. The course was well maintained, the greens our very, very firm and sticking anything with a mid-iron and longer is hard to hold the green. This is a desert course, which means you are severely punished for not hitting the fairways. It was a great round of golf but only because this was a special treat. I have never, and shall never again, pay $89 for a round of golf, especially a municipal course. Coming off the course the attendants clean you clubs and remove them, all for a tip. It was a nice stand alone experience, which based on the course alone I would repeat, however, never again at the Phoenix prices that are in play.

1  Thank Ramlorey
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Papago used to be a great muni and we could play ALL DAY for about 15- 20 bucks.
Often we would play 36 or 54 holes in one day ! Fun and challenging golf course.

Now, it cost about 38 bucks for only nine holes ! This is the number one reason golf is
not growing. It has become much, much too expensive to play golf.
People want affordable golf. A city municipal course like this should
cost about 25 - 35 bucks for 18 holes.

It is sad more people are not enjoying golf like they used to. Golf needs to become
less greedy and lower the green fees. Especially in the Phoenix region.

1  Thank Blake S