“very accomodating”

Tocaloma Spa & Salon
Ranked #5 of 37 Spas & Wellness in Phoenix
More attraction details
Owner description: Escape to Tocaloma Spa & Salon at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort in Phoenix, Arizona and leave behind the stress of everyday life. This very intimate day spa provides a relaxing spa experience with targeted services for the hair, nails, skin and body.
Toronto, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“very accomodating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

At 8:00 a.m. my husband said that we were golfing with some local friends at their club...I called the salon at 9:00 a.m. and they took me for a great wash and blow dry at 10:00 a.m. - now that is service!!!!

Visited December 2011
1 Thank J-and-B-007

Tucson, Arizona, USA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Made my wedding day a breeze”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

I had my nails and makeup done at the Tocaloma on my wedding day, and could not be more pleased.
We were staying at the Tapatio, so I thought it would be convenient to have my makeup done there bfore heading to my wedding venue. I called and spoke to the spa manager, and set up a "run through" appointment with Bonnie.
I arrived for my preview appointment with Bonnie, and was greeted pleasantly by the receptionist, and then by Bonnie. We spent about 30 minutes trying out products and different color combinations. I left feeling very comfortable about having Bonnie do my makeup on my wedding day. She has been at Tocaloma for 14 years, and is very easy to work with.
On the day of my wedding, I stopped by the spa on my way to breakfast to see if there was any way to get a pedicure prior to my makeup. No problem, they set me up with an appointment later that morning.
I arrived for my appointment, and then decided I'd also like to have a manicure. Although they really didn't have any wiggle room in the schedule, they made it happen.
I was treated like a queen during my appointment. I felt very relaxed and calm during the entire experience. The makeup job that Bonnie did was phenomenal. I recieved so many compliments about how "stunning" I looked at my wedding. Even my Mom encouraged me to start wearing MORE makeup once she saw the fabulous job that Bonnie did. I highly recommend her!
All of the staff at Tocaloma has been there for many years (the wonderful woman who did my nails has been there for 12), and everyone is incredibly friendly and welcoming.
I am so happy that I decided to start my wedding day here! Thank you Tocaloma!

Visited March 2011
2 Thank PJGAZ
Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Professional Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2009

OK this is not the fanciest spa I've been to...but the service was the best I've ever experienced. I spent several hours at the spa and was treated like a queen. Everyone was very professional and friendly...The Red Wine & Green Tea body treatment was devine...the 4 layer facial heavenly, and my papaya pedicure almost put me to sleep. There were no amenities in the spa...advised steamroom somewhere on property...OK this was weird. But I will return when I just want to be pampered. They have that down to a perfection.

1 Thank SpadivaAZ
Del City, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stayed at the resort for five days, used the spa 3 times”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2008

I stayed at the Pointe Hilton in April 2008 for five days. While I truly enjoyed the resort staff and amenities, i was dissapointed with the spa. Two out of the three services were not provided as described. I had two Swedish massages given by two different therapists, only one of which met my expectations. I also received a pedicure service, that should have included a hot wax treatment and a 20-min massage. I did not receive either. The technician simply gave me the same pedicure for which I pay 25.00 at a normal nail salon. All the technicians were friendly, but because I was part of a group of over 900 women, approximately 200 of whom schedule massages over the five-day period, i felt the staff was overwhelmed and unprepared for a group our size. I felt the services were rushed, and those received at the end of the day were performed by tired technicians who just wanted to go home. The stress was obvious. However, i feel that if the salon agreed to take on such an undertaking, they should have been prepared with plenty of well trained and capable staff. Instead, i found confusion, anxiety, and lack of professionalism. I do, however LOVE the Sugar Smoothie Body Creme and Shower Gel I purchased there, and will order more of same. (If you order it online, be sure you get the one by CREDENTIALS selling at around $18.00 for the creme). Smells great and stays with you ALL DAY, and truly does add a glow to your skin.

1 Thank CookieLeeGal
Midwesterner
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Needs some work”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2007

My goal was a special spa day for my mother-in-law and me. And this was her very first experience at a spa of any kind. We were not greeted in a warm & friendly manner and it seemed to be assumed that we already knew the drill. The young lady at the front was polite but didn't explain much about the facilities or the services. The waiting area is noisy and busy, basically right up front by the door and by the salon area where there is a lot of traffic. The changing area is a roomy restroom but there are no showers, steam rooms, or jacuzzi's in which to relax pre- or post-services. The various providers are very professional and do a good job, but the place really lacks character and ambiance. I've been to many different spas & resorts and was very disappointed for my mother-in-law's first spa experience to be rather bland. Definitely could use expansion, updating, mood lighting, soft music, comfy and quiet waiting areas and a maybe a nice little solarium or patio to have a lunch.

1 Thank politicallyincorrect