“Not that bad”

EZ 8 Motel Airporter
Ranked #123 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I read all the review about the hotel, not encouraging at all. I had to stay a night with a colleague. Firstly, is close to the airport, which is a plus. The cab driver that took me there told me to be safe, frankly, they have loads of really dodgy people around but no one bothered us . The room was clean and comfortable, the staffs are just okay, though they look weird.I had dinner at the restaurant, it was affordable and really nice.

I would advice you stay if you are just passing, not for leisure.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Abiidee

Reviewed 26 February 2014

No warning its in the ghetto with druggies and prostitutes! Ive never felt so unsafe in all my time. Heard 1 girl in a short dress saying to a delivery guy that it's only $200 an hour. And walking to Mcdonalds close by had a guy approach us asking for not money, but weed. No phone book, and had to pay 25 cents for local calls. Really noisy, right beside a major interstate, and airplanes flying by just overhead every minute or 2. Pay extra for pool or hot tub. ( But would'nt chance it anyway ) $5 extra night for fridge. Free wifi. If you pay extra? Pillow top beds??? Yea ok, a joke. No tv guide with a tiny 14 inch tv. And no microwave!!! trying to think of any positives??? The room was fairly clean, and the girls at the front desk were nice!

Room Tip: Dont do it. Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank roc13
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Passing through Phoenix on my way to Tuscon, by myself, I just needed a place to sleep. This is an older facility catering to truck drivers (the is parking for multiple trucks). There is a McDonald's and Taco Bell on the same block. Do not expect anything fancy about this place, it is simply a bed and a roof over one's head. There is security on-site, and I witnessed the Phoenix Police cruising through a couple of times, so once inside my room, felt pretty safe. I was expecting bed bugs, but it seems the mattress was completely wrapped in plastic (not that you could feel it), so was pleasantly surprised to wake up without any bed bug bites. HOWEVER, at 6.20am, I was calling the front desk because there was no hot water. It seems the entire building I was in had no hot water, and the front desk person told me maintenance would be in between 8am and 9am. I decided to leave around 6.30am and a local coffee shop. I will be asking about a refund. Note, the price here seems to be a set $39.99 plus tax, so it really can't be beat, but there again, it's also under the flight path for Sky Harbor Airport.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard will be quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We were transiting through Phoenix and stayed here for 1 night before going to the airport the next morning. It was very convenient for this purpose.
The room was clean, comfortable, and cheap and fine for a 1 night stay.
Yes there were lots of "shady" people hanging around this motel, but they never bothered us and we felt relatively safe there.
There was an air conditioner in the room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Welyn
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We had heard about this place from other drivers, there was so many hookers running around it was unreal! We couldn't even walk back to our truck without being propositioned continously. Sad but true the motel management had the nerve to ask if our pitbull was friendly after walking past a dozen hookers and drunks sitting out front. Now I will say this, if you are on a budget and not afraid for your life or alone, I highly recommend do not stay here alone, the rooms were clean and cheap. This place needs the police to raid it a few times maybe that will help, other then that keep going!!!

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Christine b
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The rate was good and the room was decent for the price, but I must say we were a bit uncomfortable because of all the shady people that started to hang around the area!! Around 6 PM we saw quite a few people who appeared to be homeless hovering around the hotel as if it were their favorite hangout!! One even came up to us and peeked in our car and asked for money!! I had trouble going to sleep thinking our car might be vandalized. Won't stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RHB192
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Ive stayed here a couple times & frankly was NOT impressed at all with the hotel or restaurant the staff was rude and more interested in texting people then waiting on me or my friends.but on my last stay I went to the bar & was immediately greeted by a beautiful young lady,it was extremely busy & ashley really was running around but her service was great,she made amazing drinks,& she made me & my friends have a change of heart about this place!I will definetley come back because of her!thanks Ashley!

• Stayed: May 2013