“A poor choice amongst many find eateries!”
Review of Cupz N' Crepes

Cupz N' Crepes
Ranked #9 of 115 Coffee & Tea in Phoenix
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Have lived in the area for quite a while, attempted to have breakfast at this eatery before, but there was never any open tables, despite there being open tables! Finally got there early enough on a Sunday and was greeted by a nonchalant "how many" and was sent to a table ...so far making some progress. Waitress finally came by with menus and took a coffee order. My date an I ordered the same breakfast - breakfast crepes with eggs, bacon, cheese, tomatoes and spinach. Sounded great but the eventual presentation provided very little of those ingredients ....more crepe than anything. The bacon was wafer thin ....could have been pancetta,
and again with the absence of but a morsel of the other ingredients, even the crepe couldn't stand alone on its own merits. Never got an offer for a second cup of coffee, and only saw the waitress when I asked for the check. I saw them turn away people even though there were empty tables ...as they were reserved (for breakfast?!) I don't know if they need more staff working, or just need better staff working more efficiently. Went to pay with an Amex card...and was told they don't take it (do understand!) but to hear them go on about how much Amex charges for their services, when they are charging $ 1.75 for a cup of coffee that costs them a dime, seems a bit ironic. In the Ahwatukee area, there are many places to have a fine breakfast, among them, Crackers on Elliot, but Cupz n Crepes is not one of them.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I caught a quick snip mentioning this place on TV and I thought it would be fun to take my wife there for breakfast. A bit off the beaten path, but well worth it. Very quaint and charming, decorated in a modern French theme. We were immediately greated by the owners who said we could sit anywhere. The place was packed (a good sign). Since we were there for the crepes we decided to order 2 dishes to split. We ordered the "Madeline" and the "Nutella with strawberries and whipped cream". While we were waiting, we had an opportunity to talk with both owners who were very engaging and pleasant. One lady gave us a "Graceland" on the house before having our meals served. I loved the Graceland: Melted peanut butter, banana and honey wrapped in a crepe. Yummo. This place is a keeper and must come back . . .

Reviewed 5 June 2013

The service was great (we arrived at 8:30 am so it was still slow), parking was plentiful, and the food was great. I had a Nutella strawberry crepe and my companion had a ham and cheese crepe. We stayed almost two hours talking over coffee refills. I would definitely meet friends there again for breakfast, brunch, lunch or just coffee. Much better than Starbucks!

Reviewed 30 January 2013

nice place for breakfast or lunch. Good variety of choices.
Service was slow, but acceptable. Dessert crepes are very good!

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Saw the good reviews and arranged to meet dome visiting friends here for brunch. It was a bad choice. The decor is low-class; the service was poor; the portions were small; the order wasn't prepared correctly, etc. The taste wasn't bad, but all-in-all it was a disappointing experience. I was embarrassed to have my friends meet us here. We won't be back.