“Overpriced food and unattentive server.”

Restaurant Takamatsu
Ranked #622 of 3,105 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Korean
Good for: Groups
Neighbourhood: North Mountain
Vancouver, Washington
“Overpriced food and unattentive server.”
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

I'll never understand why beef bulgogi is over $20 a plate. Ours was greasy and below average and the portion on the small side. It makes no sense. The noodle dish was not up to par and the tofu stew was just ok. Once they deliver food to the table have fun getting their attention for anything else. For the 3 of us this meal was around $80 and not worth it. Wont return.

• Visited November 2013

Glendale, Arizona, United States
“Where else can you eat beef, squid, and dragon?”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My wife and I just returned from eating at this restaurant; we had often remarked to each other that we should go there as we exited a fast-food place across the street - and today was the day!

I am glad we went - the service was excellent; everyone was very attentive and made sure we had drinks and food. We ended up having more than we thought - but all the dishes were wonderful: The marinated ribeye, and the grilled shrimp with vegetables were served to cook at our table, while the spicy octopus and vegetables was already cooked. An surprising number of accoutrements came with the meal (many we couldn't identify, but all wonderful - and spicy!); we also enjoyed a spicy salmon roll, and a dragon roll. All so very wonderful!

It is in our neighborhood, so we'll definitely be returning again (though perhaps our order will be a tad smaller next time). Prices were fair for the quality of food (though I would argue not for the location).

• Visited June 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,026 helpful votes
“worth the time if you are in the area”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

If you happen to be in the area it is good sushi. (I did not try any of the Korean dishes)

The menu is primarily American style sushi with tons of rolls.

The prices are fair.

The food is good.

The service was friendly and good.

I would not drive half way across town just to eat there but if I was in the area I certainly would go back.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank arizonaac
“Great place for Korean”
Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

Stopped in at the restaurant on Litchfield Rd for lunch on a Saturday. My wife and I shared the fried Tofu for an appetizer, I had the Bi Bim Bop and my wife had the BBQ short ribs..EXCELLENT. This will be a regulate spot for us.

Cotopaxi, Colorado
“Excellent Korean Food”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

My friend and I went lived in Korea for three years so we come here when we decide we want Korean food. I have been coming here for awhile, it was near my old office building, it was not a random choice.

I had the Bul Go Ki although we did not have it cooked at the table. My wife had the vegetable tempura while my friend and her husband had the chicken teriyaki. The meal comes with a eight piece assortment of Korean vegetables which we enjoyed. The kimchi was mild. Service was very good. The place has been remodelled but it still in a strip mall. So overall five dots for the food, service and value. Three dots for the atmosphere. We keep coming back.

• Visited July 2012