“Just like Arnold, I'll be back!”

Restaurant Takamatsu
Ranked #546 of 3,156 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Korean
Good for: Groups
Neighbourhood: North Mountain
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Out of this world Yuk Gae Jong. If you like spicy, this Korean soup is a must have. The service was tremendous. I can't say enough good things about this place. I can't wait to come back!

1  Thank Darin G

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

I'll never understand why beef bulgogi is over $20 a plate. Ours was greasy and below average and the portion on the small side. It makes no sense. The noodle dish was not up to par and the tofu stew was just ok. Once they deliver food to the table have fun getting their attention for anything else. For the 3 of us this meal was around $80 and not worth it. Wont return.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

My wife and I just returned from eating at this restaurant; we had often remarked to each other that we should go there as we exited a fast-food place across the street - and today was the day!

I am glad we went - the service was excellent; everyone was very attentive and made sure we had drinks and food. We ended up having more than we thought - but all the dishes were wonderful: The marinated ribeye, and the grilled shrimp with vegetables were served to cook at our table, while the spicy octopus and vegetables was already cooked. An surprising number of accoutrements came with the meal (many we couldn't identify, but all wonderful - and spicy!); we also enjoyed a spicy salmon roll, and a dragon roll. All so very wonderful!

It is in our neighborhood, so we'll definitely be returning again (though perhaps our order will be a tad smaller next time). Prices were fair for the quality of food (though I would argue not for the location).

Reviewed 11 December 2012

If you happen to be in the area it is good sushi. (I did not try any of the Korean dishes)

The menu is primarily American style sushi with tons of rolls.

The prices are fair.

The food is good.

The service was friendly and good.

I would not drive half way across town just to eat there but if I was in the area I certainly would go back.

3  Thank arizonaac
Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

Stopped in at the restaurant on Litchfield Rd for lunch on a Saturday. My wife and I shared the fried Tofu for an appetizer, I had the Bi Bim Bop and my wife had the BBQ short ribs..EXCELLENT. This will be a regulate spot for us.