“Unassuming Location, Amazing Food”
Review of Tarbell's

Tarbell's
Reserve with OpenTable
Tarbell's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 3,199 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Camelback East
Cross street: 32nd Street
Transit: Just outside the parking lot, on Camelback Road.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

In the midst of the Biltmore and Scottsdale restaurants, is the unassuming Tarbell's restaurant. The view from outside is unassuming, but the menu, drinks, and atmosphere are sublime. I ordered the ribbon pasta with the chicken fennel sausage while my wife ordered the Fish of the moment. Everything tasted delicious, especially our pineapple cocktails that we ended up having to get 2 each cause they were that good. A great location to talk with friends or to spend a romantic evening. You will pay top dollar here, if you drink a lot of course that is, but you will be treating yourself to a great experience and delicious food.

1  Thank PhoenixRising7

Reviewed 4 August 2014

If you are in the Phoenix/Scottsdale without weeks of notice, then this is where to go if you can't get into Tarbell's the Restaurant (Iron Chef Five time winner). Of course, it is less formal, but it doesn't take reservations for fewer than six, and we walked right in and were seated immediately. The wine list is excellent, the beer list might be even better. The waiters are very well informed, friendly, and do an excellent job of being available when needed and out of earshot when not. The menu is short but varied, everyone can try favorites and or something new and be very very pleased. This is a real gem, and oh so convenient. We will return over and over. I kind of prefer the less formal ambiance compared to the restaurant where the dress code we could see of those entering was rather dressy. But, the food really is superb and so is the service and attitude of the staff. Very well trained group.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

It must be just me based on the other reviews, but I think the food here is average. That would be one thing if the prices were also average, but they are not. It's pretty easy to be out around $70 or so for two people with two drinks, two starters, and one main. The amount of soup looked like a child's portion and we asked if something was amiss, but were told that it was a normal serving. Their menu is a slight variation of almost every other menu in town with the requisite burger, chicken, scallops, pork chop, salmon, etc. etc. Unfortunately, that's the norm here in the Valley with a very few exceptions. Maybe the other ratings are relative to the area.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife and I enjoyed dining at Tarbell's. The food was excellent, service was great and the atmosphere was good. Highly recommend to any in the Phoenix area.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is a must stop every time we come out to from Chicago. Not sure how we even first found it when it opened but I'm glad we did. So many good things on the menu. This was the first time I didn't get the cheesecake dessert but I have the recipe so I make it all the time. Look forward to coming back. Great wine list.