“Awesome view, great food, reasonable price”
Review of Rustler's Rooste

Rustler's Rooste
Ranked #52 of 3,113 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Good for: Groups, View, Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: South Mountain
Arab, Alabama
“Awesome view, great food, reasonable price”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Rustler's Rooste was recommended by a colleague on a recent business trip and I owe him a "Thank You". The place is terrific. Very rustic, comfortable atmosphere with amazing views of the city. The food was great- I can personally vouch for the prime rib! On top of all that, the prices were very reasonable!
I'll be back in Phoenix every few months and plan to stop here on each visit!

Tucson
“Rustler's Rooste Phoenix, Arizona”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The atmosphere was great, greeted by a Texas Long Horn close to entrance, very rustic, it has an adult slide that takes you down to the dinning area, live Western Cowboy Band, great views of the city lights, the food was excellent and plenty of it.

1 Thank lapipeline
Florham Park, New Jersey
“If you need a big steak meal with downhome atmosphere this is it!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This enormous venue can host everything from a table for two, to a large outdoor patio with firepit and your own personal bartender. If you are looking for twelve different salad dressing choices this isn't your place, as you can have ranch, or ranch, ;-). Family style bottomless salad, fresh baked delicious rolls with flavored butters. Melt in your mouth steaks cooked to order with great fresh sides and baked beans for the table as well. Save some appetite for the large desserts, but be prepared to share as it's too much for one. A great view of the Arizona landscape. Wait staff that isn't afraid to tell you the good and the bad. This one is a winner!

CHICAGO
“Down home country fun at this place!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed at the Grand Pheonix Resort, so walking the grounds you can see this restaurant sitting on the top of a hill. We decided to spend our last night's dinner at this restaurant and made a reservation for 8.
My sister who lives in Pheonix made it there with her child and husband first and they were seated in the lower level. As we arrived we rushed through, but just so you dont make the same mistake when your walking up you will catch a big wheef of cow dung, lol....yes I said cow dung. ha ha ha, they have their very own bull name "Horney" ;)
When you walk in the doors you will approved a window where you can catch the staff making fresh cotton candy, they serve this to your table at the end. Even a adult will get excited and have their eyes light up for a can of this stuff! Well, maybe just me. :)
We walked in and saw the hostess who directed us to go downstairs. I'll admit, I felt a little thrown into it because once we walked down stairs there was no other hostess. A lot a area to look over for my table and a live band with a dance floor for you two stepp'n fools. Well, I only saw them have line dances going on and off throughout dinner. But I am sure there are some people who will step step. Not my husband though, ;) I absolutely loved the fact that they had a live band and two stepp'n. Had some good ole fun and so did my little son as well.
Right off the dance floor they have this giant slide from the upper level to the lower that the kids just love going on. The entire time, so you might do yourself a favor and wait after dinner unless you dont mind getting up the whole time to revisit the slide.
So 4 of the 8 of us (2 kids) ordered their package meal where 2 or more people have to order it. I think it cost $22 a person and you got a whole hell of a lot of food. Although, by the looks of the dish you instantly think...wow....thats a lot of food. But of course it was for 4 people also. But it really wasnt to impressive. Steak skewer had no flavor. Chicken was chicken, and the rest was more like sides which werent to impressive I guess. Oh, and the fish skewer....gross. I forgot to mention you get this endless bowl of salad. I hate salad, its a wasteful filler....sorry just not for me. BUT this salad was pretty damn good! lol
Service wasnt good though. Yes, this place was busy but even after some of the tables in the area cleared up I still didnt see much of our waitress. I was constantly thinking, when do I get a refill. Whatever about picking up these plates. You know, the stuff that servers do and you tip them for it.
Got my bucket of cotton candy at the end and couldnt be happier!!!
As we left we stepped outside where you view Phoenix and it's beautiful lights bouncing out from the distance. Just a sight to see.

Maybe there are other dishes that are better. My in-laws didnt say anything good about their dishes but I didnt ask either. But it's definitely a place I would go for the ambiance.

San Antonio, Texas
“Great ambiance, tasteless steak”
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Ordered filet and this was the first time I ate less than half my steak. There was no taste at all - I even added salt and pepper. It's pretty bad when a store-bought, home-grilled steak tastes tons better than a steakhouse! Salad dressing was good and loved the live band!