“Great Authentic French Bakery in the heart of Old town Scottsdale”
Review of Au Petit Four - CLOSED

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Camelback East
Dallas, Texas
“Great Authentic French Bakery in the heart of Old town Scottsdale”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We were just taking a stroll in the area and noticed the signed for the Au Petit Four French Restaurant & Bakery. It was late morning and we'd already eaten breakfast somewhere else. We had a Chocolat croissant as well as an Almond one. Both were very tasty and we enjoyed meeting the French owner. would stop here again if in the area.

• Visited December 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“Cleanliness and taste are issues”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

My first impression of a restaurant that had a lack of cleanliness issue should have stopped me. I was with friends so decided to give it a try for the sake of all. The dirty fingerprinted water glass did stop me in my tracks, but unfortunately, I had already ordered food. I shuddered to think of what was going on in the kitchen after noting the bar was very messy and the floor unclean. The crepes, while well prepared, and the soup were almost tasteless with what seemed to be no seasoning at all. This is not near the quality of the same food items I have eaten in France. The owner seemed nice enough, however, that is not enough to entice me to ever return to this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Grandmere would be shocked”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Okay, first of all this restaurant has moved to Scottsdale, not that you need to make the trek. I have to admit that we did not eat there. We checked out the restaurant before going there, and we are glad we did. We had been told that this is authentic French, and we thought that that would be fun for Bastille Day. The sidewalk in front of the restaurant was dirty, hadn't been swept, cigarette butts. Front door, glass filthy - inside the restaurant charmless. The glass vitrine displaying the baked goods dirty; baked goods looked as if they were thrown on trays and then thrown into the case...not just appetizing, and that'w why we did not go there for lunch the next day. Too bad.

Visited July 2013
Detroit, MI
“Not worth the trek”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The lovely owner is certainly authentically French but the pastries fall short. We had a chocolate croissant and a chocolate chip cookie -- both were too buttery and heavy and left us over-sugared and disappointed. (Also note that the only open location is in Scottsdale, for which the address is wrong in Google, and the other location is closed, also wrong in Google.)

Visited July 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“A Bit of Country France in Scottsdale”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Until recently I had not heard about Au Petit Four, which is now located in downtown Scottsdale. I heard about this little cafe on a television review and decided to try it. And I was very pleasantly surprised. Now I would not consider myself an expert on classical French cuisine, but I have been to France five times, and to Quebec (French Canada) over one dozen times, and I do have a critical opinion of good food. Au Petit Four is not much for atmosphere, it is truly a neighborhood cafe, but one does not eat atmosphere. I found the lunch menu to contain many traditional French bistro items such as crepes, croques, soups, sandwiches and of course pastries. In most Americanized French restaurants, crepes are rolled around the filling, resembling a Mexican enchilada. Here the crepe I had was large, beautifully cooked and just folded in half over a delicious filling of chicken, ham, fresh parsley and mixed with a light cream sauce. It came with a fresh, crisp salad that was topped with a Dijon mustard dressing that was full of flavor. Frankly it was delicious. For dessert I ordered a pear and almond tart that had just a hint of marzipan flavoring. It was so good, I bought two more to take home. I am now looking forward to taking another friend who was born and raised in Montreal, Quebec and who has also been to France. I read several of the negative reviews where the restaurant was looked upon as not having genuine French food. In my opinion, those reviewers were wrong unless they were looking for haute cuisine. This is a family run cafe or bistro. And it is good - very good!

• Visited June 2013