“One of the major highlights of my Phoenix trip - Breakfast and Dinner”

Pointe In Tyme at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort
Reserve with OpenTable
Pointe In Tyme at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #121 of 3,080 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 7th Street, 3/4 mile south of Thunderbird Rd.
Saint John, Canada
“One of the major highlights of my Phoenix trip - Breakfast and Dinner”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The waiter was one of the best I've ever had at any restaurant. He was responsive to our needs and very engaged with the entire group during our dinner. We had a group of approx. 20 people, so this is no small feat. I wish I could remember his name.

We had a three course set menu to choose from and everyone enjoyed the meal and the service. We started by having drinks in the bar, I had a vodka martini (extra dirty), and it was one of the best I've had. For appetizers we had platters of calamari, eggplant caponata bruschetta, and heirloom tomato salad with boccocini and basil. All were delicious with my favourite being the tomato salad followed close by the bruschetta. For someone who doesn't always enjoy eggplant I couldn't believe how good it was! I could have eaten those two appetizers and I would have left a happy diner. For my main I had chipolte brown sugar short ribs with glazed carrots, horseradish whipped mashed potatoes, and a braising liquid reduction sauce. The meat was tender and the dish had such a perfect balance of seasoning and flavours with the mild heat from the chipolte and horseradish contrasted against the sweetness of the carrots and brown sugar and the savory reduction sauce. I had creme brulee for my dessert which was not really to my taste. It was a bit too eggy and not sweet enough for me, but I prefer a really sweet dessert. I tried the chocolate volcano as well and it was so good with the hot centre and the cool ice cream. I should have gone with that! By the end of the dinner we were all stuffed and considering we drank about 20 bottles of wine we were mostly drunk too!

For breakfast the next morning I had sonoran huevos rancheros which were great but were eclipsed by the dinner the previous night. Still a perfect start to my hangover!

• Visited September 2013

tucson,arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the staff here a great”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

the breakfast buffet is outstanding, as we have eaten there many times it is always nice to see our favorite server Nancy. We had a question about the scallops we had the night before and Nancy went a brought out the chef who cooked them and he was kind enough to take the time to tell how he cooked them, awesome!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank walleye1
Orange County, California
“Great Service - Food is Very Good”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Server was attentive, professional and kind. What more could you ask for? Good food? They've got that, too.

Visited May 2014
Kingman, Arizona
“Delish!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Ate here two nights in a row. First night the service was INCREDIBLE! Second night, the service stunk. That was frustrating, but the food was incredible!

Visited February 2014
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food but a bit pricey”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We visited this restaurant twice during our week at the resort. The food was excellent and they had some very interesting updates to standard breakfast fare. It just took me by surprise when the bill for 3 people at breakfast was over $65. Tasty, but consider this a "treat" for breakfast.

• Visited May 2014