“Decent food at a not so decent price”

Pointe In Tyme at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort
Reserve with OpenTable
Pointe In Tyme at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 3,176 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, View, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 7th Street, 3/4 mile south of Thunderbird Rd.
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I am bordering on giving this place 2 stars, but the food was juuuust good enough to earn the average 3 stars.

Pros:
1. If you are staying at the Hilton Tapatio Cliffs then this is on property and obviously easy to get to.
2. The menu had some unique items, and as a amateur foodie, I like to try odd food.

Neutral:
1. The restaurant interior was nice, but it did not have that southwest feeling, which I was really looking for after being on a trail near the hotel before dinner. But that is just personal preference, so only neutral.
2. The service was OK. Not bad, but not great.

Cons:
1. The price to food tastiness ratio was not balanced. The food was decent, so yeah, not anything I'm going to tell anyone about. The price, however, was too high. If you read my other reviews I am willing to pay for a good meal, or get fast food at a cheap price, as long as the service is good too. I don't think I go my money's worth here.

The only way I would recommend this is if you are staying at the Hilton and don't have a car. If you do have a car, go on Trip Adviser and find a better place to drive to.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The waiter was one of the best I've ever had at any restaurant. He was responsive to our needs and very engaged with the entire group during our dinner. We had a group of approx. 20 people, so this is no small feat. I wish I could remember his name.

We had a three course set menu to choose from and everyone enjoyed the meal and the service. We started by having drinks in the bar, I had a vodka martini (extra dirty), and it was one of the best I've had. For appetizers we had platters of calamari, eggplant caponata bruschetta, and heirloom tomato salad with boccocini and basil. All were delicious with my favourite being the tomato salad followed close by the bruschetta. For someone who doesn't always enjoy eggplant I couldn't believe how good it was! I could have eaten those two appetizers and I would have left a happy diner. For my main I had chipolte brown sugar short ribs with glazed carrots, horseradish whipped mashed potatoes, and a braising liquid reduction sauce. The meat was tender and the dish had such a perfect balance of seasoning and flavours with the mild heat from the chipolte and horseradish contrasted against the sweetness of the carrots and brown sugar and the savory reduction sauce. I had creme brulee for my dessert which was not really to my taste. It was a bit too eggy and not sweet enough for me, but I prefer a really sweet dessert. I tried the chocolate volcano as well and it was so good with the hot centre and the cool ice cream. I should have gone with that! By the end of the dinner we were all stuffed and considering we drank about 20 bottles of wine we were mostly drunk too!

For breakfast the next morning I had sonoran huevos rancheros which were great but were eclipsed by the dinner the previous night. Still a perfect start to my hangover!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

the breakfast buffet is outstanding, as we have eaten there many times it is always nice to see our favorite server Nancy. We had a question about the scallops we had the night before and Nancy went a brought out the chef who cooked them and he was kind enough to take the time to tell how he cooked them, awesome!

1  Thank walleye1
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Server was attentive, professional and kind. What more could you ask for? Good food? They've got that, too.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Ate here two nights in a row. First night the service was INCREDIBLE! Second night, the service stunk. That was frustrating, but the food was incredible!