“Reasonable food, good service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Va Bene

Va Bene
Reserve with OpenTable
Va Bene is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #248 of 3,036 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Ahwatukee Foothills
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Reasonable food, good service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Spend a lunch here. No suitable alternatives offered for gluten free diet therefore an average rating. Salads and main course veal were fine.

Chandler, Arizona
“Va Bene Is Terrific EXCEPT On New Year's Eve”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Why only a "fair rating"? I have been to Va Bene on MANY occasions. We decided to go for at Va Bene disappointing. To start with, I made my New Year's Eve reservation on/or about December 1. THAT was probably a mistake... it was too soon. When we arrived, I was learned that they had a "Special Limited Menu". I was NOT informed of that when I made my reservation. When I called, I specifically asked and was told the menu was normal! When I questioned the "special limited menu", I was told that everyone was told when they made their reservation.... NOT TRUE. I was told that everyone was called a few days before New Year's Eve to confirm their reservation.... NOT TRUE. I was told that when confirming the reservation, everyone was told there was a "special limited menu".... OBVIOUSLY NOT TRUE, because EVERYONE at all the tables around me said they were NOT CALLED. Besides, if everyone was told there was a "special limited menu" when your reservation was made, WHY would you have to let everyone know when you called to confirm? OBVIOUSLY MANAGEMENT WAS LYING!!!!! Despite their not being truthful, the choices were "adequate" (about 5 entrees) and she service was excellent. HOWEVER, we ordered the Stuffed Sea Bass and it was warm at best. I was going to send it back, but by that time, I was already annoyed enough by the way everything was going, so I just could not be bothered. A few other couples who did not know about the "special limited menu" had a difficult time with the menu. One woman was lactose intolerant and she was unable to select many of the choices including the appetizers and desserts. They did make a special but unimpressive special desert for her (because desert was supposed to be included with the "special menu"). Another couple had to leave because the woman was allergic to shell fish and most of the entrees included shell fish or shell fish ingredients. Bottom line, this was the first and only time I was disappointed with Va Bene. I highly recommend Va Bene, however, I would be very careful on a holiday and most certainly New Year's Eve. I STRONGLY SUSPECT, when I made my reservation on/or about December 1, they had no idea they were going to have a "special limited menu" for New Year's Eve and THAT is why it was such a surprise to both myself and the other guests. Lastly, our waiter was very good, and was obviously having difficulty with the restaurant’s last minute decision to have a "special limited menu". He did a very good job and made a great effort to take care of the customer's request.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
N. California
“Good food and service for group”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Attended group biz dinner at Va Bene. Private room in back hosted ~40 people comfortably. Food, wine and service were all good. Would visit again.

• Visited October 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“thanks for honoring coupon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

we are seniors who were holding a table 49 coupon - then found it closed - then found this was a sister restaurant so thought we would try
It was nicely appointed, and the mains were done well 1.seafood and pasta and 2. stuffed pork loin
Both were large portions and tasted good.
Tiramisu: good, but not the best we have ever had- needs more coffee in it
We will be making a return visit

• Visited November 2013
Delta, Canada
“Wasn't looking forward to Italian, but was surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

We had a dinner organized for a large business group (21). Wasn't thrilled about going to an Italian joint in Phoenix, hoped for a Mexican/Southwestern. I was pleasantly surprised.

We were seated immediately, drink orders were placed quickly. They had 3 or 4 staff covering our group, so service was great.

They had a great wine selection, the wine snobs amongst our group had no complaints. I found a nice white I enjoyed. The menu had a lot of choices, and many of our group had the specials. I have a veal marsala, and it was very good. I had the spinach salad as a starter, awesome.

I didn't have a single bad thing to say about the place. I would certainly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013