“Good...beautiful bar area.”

Ranked #365 of 3,134 Restaurants in Phoenix
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ahwatukee Foothills
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The dinner was fine my pasta with shrimp was good but the sauce was too thick and the flavor was kind of floury. My husbands clams and pasta were very good, The best thing was the calamari..it was outstanding. The service was ok..we were attended by a few people..everyone was friendly and wanted to please. The place was very clean and the bar area was really nice and inviting. I may return and get the calamari and a different entree. Prices were not cheap but not outrageous either. Good location from interstate 10.
2 entrees, one app, 2 beers,inexpensive bottle of wine, good tip=$110

Very good happy hour specials from 4 to 7..not sure what days though...

There are newer reviews for Va Bene

Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Spend a lunch here. No suitable alternatives offered for gluten free diet therefore an average rating. Salads and main course veal were fine.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Why only a "fair rating"? I have been to Va Bene on MANY occasions. We decided to go for at Va Bene disappointing. To start with, I made my New Year's Eve reservation on/or about December 1. THAT was probably a mistake... it was too soon. When we arrived, I was learned that they had a "Special Limited Menu". I was NOT informed of that when I made my reservation. When I called, I specifically asked and was told the menu was normal! When I questioned the "special limited menu", I was told that everyone was told when they made their reservation.... NOT TRUE. I was told that everyone was called a few days before New Year's Eve to confirm their reservation.... NOT TRUE. I was told that when confirming the reservation, everyone was told there was a "special limited menu".... OBVIOUSLY NOT TRUE, because EVERYONE at all the tables around me said they were NOT CALLED. Besides, if everyone was told there was a "special limited menu" when your reservation was made, WHY would you have to let everyone know when you called to confirm? OBVIOUSLY MANAGEMENT WAS LYING!!!!! Despite their not being truthful, the choices were "adequate" (about 5 entrees) and she service was excellent. HOWEVER, we ordered the Stuffed Sea Bass and it was warm at best. I was going to send it back, but by that time, I was already annoyed enough by the way everything was going, so I just could not be bothered. A few other couples who did not know about the "special limited menu" had a difficult time with the menu. One woman was lactose intolerant and she was unable to select many of the choices including the appetizers and desserts. They did make a special but unimpressive special desert for her (because desert was supposed to be included with the "special menu"). Another couple had to leave because the woman was allergic to shell fish and most of the entrees included shell fish or shell fish ingredients. Bottom line, this was the first and only time I was disappointed with Va Bene. I highly recommend Va Bene, however, I would be very careful on a holiday and most certainly New Year's Eve. I STRONGLY SUSPECT, when I made my reservation on/or about December 1, they had no idea they were going to have a "special limited menu" for New Year's Eve and THAT is why it was such a surprise to both myself and the other guests. Lastly, our waiter was very good, and was obviously having difficulty with the restaurant’s last minute decision to have a "special limited menu". He did a very good job and made a great effort to take care of the customer's request.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Attended group biz dinner at Va Bene. Private room in back hosted ~40 people comfortably. Food, wine and service were all good. Would visit again.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

we are seniors who were holding a table 49 coupon - then found it closed - then found this was a sister restaurant so thought we would try
It was nicely appointed, and the mains were done well 1.seafood and pasta and 2. stuffed pork loin
Both were large portions and tasted good.
Tiramisu: good, but not the best we have ever had- needs more coffee in it
We will be making a return visit