“Very good food, classy atmosphere, great service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Va Bene

Va Bene
Reserve with OpenTable
Va Bene is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #246 of 3,037 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Ahwatukee Foothills
Phoenix, Arizona
“Very good food, classy atmosphere, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Va Bene is our "go to" restaurant for special occasions. We have never been disappointed with the quality of food or service. They are very accommodating with making something special for you if you might want. A very special dining experience. And the pricing is good for this level of food and service.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Very good but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were a party of three. One diner ordered the shrimp with linguine. Just average and only 5 shrimp. Another diner ordered the stuff pork and enjoyed it. Beautifully presented with potato and vegetable on the side. Third diner decided on the rib eye special for the evening. It is uncomfortable when the specials of the evening are presented but no price is given. It may or may not sway you one way or another but why shame us into having to ask? We didn't ask and the third diner would probably have ordered the lamb shanks at $31.95 instead of the rib eye at the surprise price of $38.95. The house red was drinkable. The dining room is very pleasant.

Tucson, Arizona
“Homemade gnocchi! Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Picked up a to go order from here to take back to my hotel so my review is only based on the food. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived in my hotel room to find I was given bread with a delicious tomato infused butter it was delicious! I ordered the gnocchi and was do excited to see that it was home made based on the different sized pieces, it was perfectly cooked. Definitely the best gnocchi I have eaten outside of Italy. Will definitely stop in again.

Arizona
“good size portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We went to Va Bene for lunch and most of the dishes were around $10 and the portions are BIG you will have leftovers. The service was a little slow, but they were nice and pleasant we didn't mind the wait but if your in a rush don't go. All our food was very hot and fresh cooked and very nice. Def will go back.

Phoenix
“Anniversary Celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary and wanted to go somewhere nice. We chose Va Bene because we knew it was excellent. We chose to sit in the bar area; it was quiet and comfortable. Our waitress was friendly, nice, and helpful. The house wine was great; the calamari appetizer was fresh, not greasy and also came with a salad; linguine and clam sauce fantastic, alittle salty; my husband's chicken dish was good as well as the veggies that came with it. We were stuffed so didn't have room for desert, maybe next time. I know they have great choices.

• Visited April 2014