“Great seafood!”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: North Mountain
Reviewed 25 September 2013

After several visits to Pappadeaux on I-17 in Phoenix, I'm here to report that the seafood served here is excellent. Fresh, ample servings and beautifully presented. Menu features live whole lobster, soft shell crabs, virtually anything edible that swims. Prices are a bit upscale, but the quality more than makes up for it. During months that end in "R', they have fresh Texas oysters and cherrystone clams. When the restaurant is crowded, there is a large, ornate patio outside. Occasionally there is entertainment on the patio as well. The whole theme evokes New Orleans, with gas lamps and all. The only problem: noise! A tin ceiling reflects all the conversation in the large dining room so table conversation may result in some hoarseness. Otherwise, always a great experience.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I have eaten here a few times, the food is always very good. The seafood is fresh and the service is attentive.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I was here before but forgot about how noisy it is here. I get over that and we order. We started with a very average iceberg salad with very strong red onions and tomatoes it was fresh,big and the croutons seemed house made. Maybe because it was early in the evening my husbands Gumbo was very watery and thin without a depth of flavors but was slightly spicy. I tried the Rock Ported Red Fish. The portion was very large and the fish seemed fresh and was cooked well. It seemed almost unseasoned and was just OK. I wasn't sure if I liked the barley salad and by the time I was full I taste a few bites that were much better than what I was eating and realized they just didn't mix it up enough. My husband ate the shrimp and crab from my plate and said the shrimp and crab were overcooked. My husband had a few complaints about the Shrimp Creole and andouile grits. He said the sauce tasted like under seasoned spaghetti sauce without creole flavor. He also thought the grits needed more flavor. I can't say the food was bad but was very plain and was almost bland and not like Cajun Food.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We have dined here several times and it has always been excellent. We are native southerners, so we can vouch that the dishes are the real deal. Very good service, too.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

If you enjoy eating fish this is the place to go. The fish is fresh like it just came from the ocean . You would not think you are eating seafood form the desert. I love going to this place . It is pleasant and very friendly. I pretty much can say it one of my favorite places to eat.