“Some great food, some marginal food, good service, poor atmosphere”

Pork on a Fork BBQ Grill
Ranked #260 of 3,176 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I've never written a review as mixed as this one is going to be.

Just as I had heard, the pulled pork and chicken are fabulous at Pork on a Fork. The pork sausages are wonderful. The variety of BBQ sauces is very good. The service is good and fast.

The beans were dreadful - bland and gooey. The mac and cheese, although delicious, oozed grease. The buns were not fresh. And the atmosphere? Well, as other reviewers have stated, it's fine if you enjoy eating in a beat-up garage or warehouse. I suppose this makes it family-friendly.

If I ever go back to Pork on a Fork, it would only be to take out some pulled pork.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stopped here for lunch today and had the pulled pork sandwich and waffle fries. Everything was soooo delicious. The waffle fries were cooked perfectly and had a seasoning on them that tasted like BBQ potato chips. The meat is dry-rubbed, and you put sauce on at the table if you want some. The pork on the sandwich was so tender and tasty. I am bringing my husband back here for dinner tonight so he can try it.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

first time trying this place friends have raved about so wanted to go, as it is somewhat near our house. was surprised to walk in and find what it looks like inside. You order at the counter and they bring you your food when it is ready. There are about 3 tables in the front area but more tables in the back, thankfully! However the back room makes you feel like you are in a warehouse with no windows, etc. pretty boring ! couldn't wait to get out of there....and pricey....good luck!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I'd heard a lot of good things about Pork on a Fork. Went early on a Saturday night, and the place was pretty busy. Waited in line for about 5 minutes before placing our order. They were out of mac and cheese, and chicken tenders....so my son was pretty disappointed. He got the pork slider instead. I went with the sampler plate, while my wife got the pulled pork platter. Went back to the dining area and waited about 35 minutes for our food to be delivered. Food was tasty, but nothing to really get excited about. I'd certainly go again, but wouldn't necessarily go out of my way....or recommend it to friends.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Not fancy, great food, would eat here again!!! Went middle of one Saturday afternoon, and it was quiet when we arrived, but busy when we left. Tried the combination/sampler plate. the pulled pork was good, the chicken tender and flavorful and the brisket lean and tender. We went for the "premium" and had the sweet potato fries (yes, they do have ranch dressing) and the cornmeal muffin. The muffin was sweet and OK, but premium??? not so much. Beans were not ready so can't say anything about them. There is lots of room in the back. We will be back for more.