“WOW that is the BBQ Flavour you've been looking for”

Pork on a Fork BBQ Grill
Ranked #214 of 3,101 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
“WOW that is the BBQ Flavour you've been looking for”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Was visiting from Canada and wanted that real good BBQ Flavour you see and hear about on all of those TV shows. ..Well this place doesn't disappoint. .really smokey delicious meats you can smell the smoke as soon as you enter the parking lot. ..we shared the full rack of ribs was heaven a bit rich and fatty but great had the brisket as well yummmm yummmm The back room dining area is very plain very but go for the great bbq rakes about a $60.00 cab ride from downtown phoenix but heck we are on vacation

Ebensburg, Pennsylvania
“Good bbq, for Phoenix”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

A strange setting, this place is a little hidden. Signage could be better. When we entered the restaurant, we saw a food line, which indicated that you walk through and place your order. We saw only a couple tables and figured it was more of a take out place. Then one of our party had to use the restroom and came back telling us that there was more seating in the back. It's not really layed out in the best way. Anyway, we ordered an assortment, brisket, ribs, chicken and all had great flavor and were tender. There are a variety of sauces to choose from, spicy, sweet etc. The prices were decent. The place was clean. Good food.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Odd setting food can be good!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

As a rack of rib lover, i thought I would try this place. Strange setting, industrial unit with large garage door. Spotlessly clean with zero atmosphere. Service good and fast , however the ribs
arrived overcooked and chewy. I mentioned this to my server, and said I would expect the meat to be succulent and fall of the bone. He apologized and produced a proper succulent decent rack of ribs, very tasty. Average value for money will not visit again. (potato salad and slaw delicious)

• Visited October 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Best BBQ north Phoenix”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I am always looking for great BBQ and Pork on a Fork fit the bill perfectly. It is not a normal restaurant space since the restaurant is in a warehouse district. You order in the front of the warehouse and seating is in the back. I ordered the sampler and found the brisket to be tender and flavorful. The pork and the sausage were also cooked to perfection and flavorful. My sides were the coleslaw and mac and cheese. The coleslaw was ok...not great. The mac and cheese was average. They had multiple options for sauce and I always go for the sweet...and it was very sweet. My only complaint was the bread. It was basically small hamburger buns. I don't know if they gave that so that I could make sandwiches with the brisket and pork or what their thinking was. I would have preferred some other bread.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Some great food, some marginal food, good service, poor atmosphere”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I've never written a review as mixed as this one is going to be.

Just as I had heard, the pulled pork and chicken are fabulous at Pork on a Fork. The pork sausages are wonderful. The variety of BBQ sauces is very good. The service is good and fast.

The beans were dreadful - bland and gooey. The mac and cheese, although delicious, oozed grease. The buns were not fresh. And the atmosphere? Well, as other reviewers have stated, it's fine if you enjoy eating in a beat-up garage or warehouse. I suppose this makes it family-friendly.

If I ever go back to Pork on a Fork, it would only be to take out some pulled pork.