“Great food. Service was ok. ”

Gojo Ethiopian Restaurant
Ranked #373 of 3,061 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Phoenix, AZ
“Great food. Service was ok. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We ordered the gojo platter and kitfo for our group. The food was amazing and so filling! We were a party of three and barely finished what we ordered. We learned that meals are served "family style" and are shared plates of food. Also no silverware is used during the meal. The service was a little lacking but not bad. Overall a great experience and I would recommend a visit to this place.

1 Thank EverywhereAndBack01

CORPUS CHRISTI
“very different and good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

We had a vegetarian combo which gave us 8 different items and the crepe like bread.

It was enough for 2 people and it tasted very good. It is certainly something different.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank PS6
“A must try in phoenix”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

I have been looking for an ethiopian restaurant in Phoenix since i moved out here 7 years ago. This place is small, simple, and not discovered. I ordered the mix vegetables and meat combo dish, it came with 8-9 varieties of cooked veggies and meat. The first bite i had was awesome, so i thought i dipped in the best one. I moved to next and it was even more delicious. One after one i found out that everything was fantastic, flavorful and very well made. The server was so nice and welcoming, the place is small and simple. But don't let simplicity steer you away from what they do best.. Food.
The food was very well priced and for 2 the bill was cheaper than what you would pay for one at any other restaurant.
If you are a person who looks for a little hole in the wall with fantastic food then go no further. This food is not blend, it is full of flavor and very well cooked and spiced. I will definitely be going there frequently.
This gem is not yet discovered, but i am sure it will be very soon.

Visited November 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Fun Flavorful Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Ethiopian food is under-appreciated. If you are not familiar: flavorful, spicy, mostly stews. This place has terrific food. We tried the vegetarian plate that had eight smallish portions of different foods with very different flavor profiles. We also shared the meat sampler that had three good-sized portions of lamb, beef and chicken. A staple of the cuisine is injera, a spongy pancake. You tear off a piece of injera and use it to grab some stew. No utensils. I love this food. The flavors are somewhat similar to Indian Food. The place itself is clean and the servers are knowledgeable and friendly. Highly recommend.

• Visited August 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Amazingly flavorful and affordable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012 via mobile

I discovered Gojo by accident while driving towards my destination. I decided I had to try it and am glad I did!
I ordered the one "sample" dish which included a portion of every vegetable and two meat portions. Needless to say it was a lot of food but for $13.99 it definitely can't be beat. If you like, no LOVE, flavors then get it because it an exciting array of tastes and textures. I will warn you that the flat bread will fill you up so go lightly with it.
The interior is "interesting" but, hey, it's all about the food.