“Not sure what has happened”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #1,890 of 3,255 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 August 2013

There was a time that Mimi's was actually pretty good. In the past few visits that we have been there it seems that the quality of service has really declined. The food is ok, but with the service not being very good it does not make me want to return to Mimi's any time in the future.

1  Thank Tamara M

Reviewed 16 February 2013

We went there for dinner, as family and friends. Two words, Tomato bisque ! Absolutely fantastic ! I have searched the world over for the best Tomato Bisque, you need look no further. You might as well order, up front, the $5 to go container for more Bisque to bring home ! I ordered the turkey dinner. I know it's no exotic meal but it's delicious. My friend had a fantastic Shrimp Fettuccine. My son loved his Southwest Rubin sandwich. I love the atmosphere, we usually sit comfortably in the booths in the back but they have a neat variety of seating options from the bar to the Wine seating area. A really great meal at a cozy, friendly place. Our waiter was a new trainee but he will get better with more practice, so go and enjoy yourself ! It's all good ! Skippyfrizz

Reviewed 9 February 2013

Everything the server recommended was better than we imagined. Even the bread basket was unique with several kinds of homemade bread. Glad we stopped here.

Reviewed 17 November 2012

In the past, we've dined here several times but this location wasn't listed on Tripadvisor–that's fixed now.

On November 15, 2012, we had a late breakfast here. Upon entrance, we were greeted right away and shown to our table. Our server, Beth, asked if we would like coffee or something else upon giving us the menu. Our drinks arrived within a few minutes. My wife ordered the four cheese Quiche while I ordered an omelette made to order with bacon/cheese with potato with onions, peppers and mushrooms–a nice touch to the home fired potatoes. A big muffin was also included with my omelette.

Our meals arrived in 10 to 15 minutes as everything was cooked to order. Our breakfast items were HOT which is always a good sign. Drink refills arrived without hunting the server–always a great sign of customer service. My wife could not finish her quiche, so it was packed in ice as we had other things to do before going home. The leftover arrived home at a safe temperature and was enjoyed the next day. Beth gave us service above the normal and we shall return. Our total bill was $26.83 + tip. For a great breakfast, that cost was reasonable.

2  Thank PropellerJourney