“Crazy but authentic”

Ranked #3 of 3,188 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana creates the truly authentic pizza experience utilizing the same simple methods that were practiced for hundreds of years in Napoli, Italy where pizza was born and perfected. Pomo's Pizza is produced according to the Neapolitan tradition where each pizza is a unique piece of art. We combine the slow levitation method to produce our homemade dough, all natural ingredients, and the Blast-Cooking process for 60–90 seconds at 905°C on our wood burning oven imported from Italy to lock in flavors, natural aroma and moisture. This gives the pizza a soft and digestible crust, which is the signature style of a true Napoletana Pizza. Our pizza is made from slow-rising sourdough with a minimum of 24 hours in the rising process. We are proud to be the First - "AVPN" Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana certified Restaurant in Arizona. We take Neapolitan pizza seriously and you will be able to tell with every taste.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hi Four of us went here for dinner last night. A different experience for sure. Real Italians running the place and the most different sort of menu for an Italian place I have seen in the U.S.
The pizza's are "handcrafted" which I think means that you have never heard of or could imagine such a food dish. We had the "meat" pizza which came divided in four sections with one of the sections being whole olives. Our other couple had some sort of vegitarian or vegan pizza which isn't my "thing".
I thought the wine was pricey. The bread was served at room temp and the oil and vinegar wasn't presented in its own plate nor with a parmision cheese option. Desert Canolis were good and the Lemonchello was I believe homemade and very good.
Overall, I think this place thinks more of itself that I do and my friends. Cute, trendy but I won't be going back anytime soon. (BTW, I live in FL)
Cute, but overall a bit too cutesy and pricey.

2  Thank Rich062

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Pomo make you feel like Grandma is cooking for you. Both locations in town are just the same. Pick the one closer to you. Amazing Pasta. The sauce tastes like what we grew up on and the Pizza is a mix of simple pleasure and fresh meats and cheeses. Thank you for being open!

1  Thank DreadedDonkey
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Best pizza, best service of all time!! Owner was such a kind, kind man! His lemonchello was the best! The Marg. Pizza was just wonderful....motz. cheese was so vey fresh! Get there before 6pm as you may have to wait. They have a customer for life! They are number 1 !!!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

this restaurant was found by chance as I was planning while on a business trip here in phoenix to go somewhere else nearby but was closed on Sunday. This was a blessing really. Being Italian I could appreciate the quality of the food and the way Guests are treated. Dulcis in fundo Chiacchiere ( Italian typical mardi gras sweets) were offered at the end alongside home made crema di limoncello. Myself and my colleagues left in delight and will be back during the week if possible to find a table!

1  Thank alex-molesey
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

It's not possible to make a reservation for this restaurant but there was enough room for us. We had a nice table outside which is cooled by small water sprays ( not sure what else to call it).
We had a nice appetizer, the tomato soup was great!
The only thing that I see almost everywhere and which I expect not to see at a Italian is the quick service after the appetizer. In my under standing Italians eat for hours, only 4 minutes after the first course we got the pizza.. In the Netherlands that's not usual and I don't like it :) next time I will make sure to tell the waiter.

Make sure to visit this place, it's great!