“Lovely hidden treasure”

Cuisines: Thai
Neighbourhood: Camelback East
Neighbourhood: Camelback East
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Thai Lahna is a family restaurant that is filled with kindness and good Thai food. it is unpretentious and the staff are courteous without being pushy. Always an enjoyable time there with friends.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

We love Thai food so called in here one night and enjoyed it so much we went again 2 days later.
The food was really good, nice & spicy if you like it that way & theres a good selection on the menu
it came pretty quickly and the portion sizes were good.
The staff were great, helpful & chatty, telling us about this being family owned for over 30 years.
I've read the reviews others have put and would say give it a try, we couldn't fault the service and we will certainly go again next time we are in Arizona.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

When we first sat down, one of our party asked the server if they had sparkling water. She, unfortunately, spoke very little English. Rather than getting someone to help her with the question she didn’t understand, she shoved the drink menu in his face and walked away. WOW!

We made our order, beginning with Chicken Satay. The response – we are out of chicken satay. So, we decided to go with beef satay. A few minutes later, she came back and said they were out of that also. So, we decided on the egg roll. We were very upset to see the table next to us receive an order of chicken satay. What is going on here?

Now, unlike every other decent restaurant on the planet, dishes do not arrive together at this restaurant. My Phaht Thai (allegedly one of their specialties) arrived first. I was about to dig in when they came and grabbed it away from me claiming it was for another table. Then I watched as the dish that was on MY table was given directly to another diner. No wonder this restaurant has so many Health Department violations.

Finally, all the dishes arrived (one at a time) and we were able to eat. The Thai Lahna Special Fried Rice (with chicken, beef, pork and shrimp) was the best thing we had – good flavor and tasty. Not particularly generous with the meats, but for $9.95, we weren’t expecting much. The Kai Phaht Khahnah (Chicken stir-fried with broccoli in a light oyster flavored sauce) was the next best thing – the oyster sauce was really pretty good. Everything else made us wonder if the chef could even find Thailand on a map. The Phaht Thai was horrible. It was basically rubber bands masquerading as noodles and bean sprouts with a couple small pieces of chicken and 2 shrimp. The Vegetable Curry was unlike any curry I’ve ever seen. The “sauce” was so thin and runny, it was more like a soup than a sauce.

All in all, this was a terrible restaurant that I would highly NOT recommend. The only thing good is the price. Certainly not the food and DEFINITELY not the service.

1  Thank AZChefCC
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Thai food is one of my favorites, and I have tried most restaurants around the valley. this one is the best. They make a delicious spicy vegetable soup both with and without coconut milk and several awesome curry dishes you can't go wrong here really. Also the atmosphere is nice and the service is great.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

Despite some of the negative reviews Thai Lahna continues to be my favorite and in my opinion the most authentic Thai restaurant in Phoenix. There are some issues with this owner&cook run restaurant and sometimes its a miss...(Also he closes between lunch and dinner). but on a good day the Tohm Yahm Kung ( Hot & sour shrimp soup) is the best you ever had (my favorite!!).... the red curry (chicken) with coconut milk is amazingly delicious and spicy... come with an open mind and try an entree you have never had before... and make sure to visit more than once.