“Magnificient!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Payson, Arizona
“Magnificient!”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Our neighbors recommended this restaurant as a place to bring out of town friends while passing through Phoenix. We were not disappointed! Wow! It's the best Italian Food since Italy. The escargot was better than we've had in France (as promised by the waiter.) Our reservation was for 5:00 but we arrived early from San Diego and they welcomed us with open arms! We will definitely return as we frequently go through Phoenix.

• Visited June 2012

Phoenix, AZ
“Great Food!”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Ambiance is reminiscent of small family eatery in Italy. Love the no-rush, not-a-chain atmosphere, where you can thoroughly enjoy the evening. Using their "dinner for 2 including a bottle of wine for $44" coupon is a great bargain. Bread could be served a little warmer, love the "Italian butter" (olive oil, lots of herbs/spices). Chicken Vesuvio was excellent, but no way I could get through it all, and leftovers made a great lunch the next day. Wish it were a little closer to home, but will get back whenever we have the chance.

• Visited May 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“neighborhood italian”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My husband and I would stop in La Fontanella whenever we had a special occasion. The owners created a nice ambiance, the food is delicious and authentic. Nothing extraordinary, but consistently good, great service. Look for the coupons in the Arcadia News for dinner for two specials.
I'd recommend the baked artichokes. Brown rice spaghetti is a nice alternative for gluten=free diets, and the lamb dishes are fantastic. Berto, the owner, makes the gelatto!

• Visited November 2011
USA
“La Fontanella Impresses Once Again!”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Had dinner last night at La Fontanella after quite a long time and we were reminded how much we enjoy their food. We ended up getting there at about 5:30 and were the first table of the night so our service was very good. We didn't order an appetizer, but instead ordered the house salad. It was a nice size portion with a tasty, creamy Italian dressing. They also brought out warm bread with an olive oil and herb dipping sauce that was a great balance of flavors. Our three meals were the chicken cacciatore, gnocchi al forno, and ravioli florentine. All three were very nicely presented and each one was delicious! My wife repeatedly told us how much she was enjoying the chicken cacciatore and insisted I try it and she was right, it was a very nice dish with a variety of ingredients and flavors. My gnocchi, which is made in-house, was cooked to perfection in a creamy cheese sauce with mushrooms, peas, and pancetta. Our guest's ravioli were also nicely presented and quite enjoyable. The three of us were unable to finish our meals and took home enough for each of us to have another meal. Since we were so full we decided to split one dessert between the three of us and that was the house made tiramisu. This was probably one of the best, if not the best, tiramisu desserts we had ever had. The best compliment would be that my wife, who is not a big tiramisu fan, enjoyed it the most. An added bonus was a 15% discount because we had finished and paid by 6:45! We're looking forward to our next dinner at la Fontanella and would recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing evening and wonderful meal.

• Visited April 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Depending on what you get very good...that is key”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I've been here three times and when we ordered the special of the evening they were very VERY good, I've also tried them with a coupon and tried a coupon special (a vegetable lasagna)and that was good too and then on a third visit also using the coupon both our meals were lacking and not so great I ordered a chicken meal and received chicken with no sides at all it I thought I would have a little something with the chicken but didn't. Service on all 3 visits was good.